Will The Great Martin Lopez Ever Return ???

Lammentations said:
No more Lopez means no more Tamborines on upcoming albums...no more groovy parts and half of the south american part in opeth would be missin' ='(
exactly!
axe is standart death metal drummer.he's terrible on slow parts.i think he's not fit with opeth.
lopez one of the best drummer and hope he's back :(

Ebonic Plague said:
Axe has no Soul to his drumming.... Im Thinking Necrophagist's Drummer Hannes Grossmann if he'd leave another Amazing band

LOL

Necrophagist have soul ?. They do not even sound like a human band. It sounds like something some nerd programmed on a computer. jesus christ.

Minion520 said:

That'd be sweet but I doubt he'd take Opeth over Strapping...
Maybe session drumming, but probably not a full time member.

I don't know about Lopez though, the SOTU tour wasn't the first North American tour he couldn't do by himself. He missed a handful of dates in 2004 because he was having Anxiety attacks or something.

lol @ thinking theyre gonna reveal anything when theyve not said shit all to this point, if they need a new drummer than can just head on down to the closest immigration office

:: puts flame suit on ::

I wouldn't mind seeing the return of anders nordin.

I happen to like his work on orchid and morningrise... he threw a lot of little things into his beats that i miss with lopez's drumming. but lopez also does things that nordin didnt, theyre just different is all. i wouldnt mind seeing anders come back, or gene hoglan fill the slot. gene definitely has the "groove" and can lay down some sick beats i.e. death era.

I heard from someone that blood disorders could be drug related,a lot of jazzers rode the h train, but so is diabetes. I will say this i will put my money were my mouth is. I could play martins parts better than martin!I will personaly pay my own plane ticket, and i wont be coming back! Management wont give me the time of day. But i say this now i can play all the songs without a problem, i have the education, style, and talent. And i would love every minute of playing with those guys.
eric

sepratist666 said:
I will say this i will put my money were my mouth is. I could play martins parts better than martin!I will personaly pay my own plane ticket, and i wont be coming back! Management wont give me the time of day. But i say this now i can play all the songs without a problem, i have the education, style, and talent. And i would love every minute of playing with those guys.
eric
:Spin:

sepratist666 said:
I heard from someone that blood disorders could be drug related,a lot of jazzers rode the h train, but so is diabetes. I will say this i will put my money were my mouth is. I could play martins parts better than martin!I will personaly pay my own plane ticket, and i wont be coming back! Management wont give me the time of day. But i say this now i can play all the songs without a problem, i have the education, style, and talent. And i would love every minute of playing with those guys.
eric

nah i dont think so.

CladInDarkness said:
If for some reason Martin Lopez does not return, it wouldn't happen, but I'd think Tomas Corn would be an interesting canidate for the job.

Haha. Tomas Corn is indeed a total badass, but I don't see that working at all. Lykathe is supposedly going to be putting out a new album soon anyway.

I think Gavin from Porcupine Tree would be an interesting fit. I'm sure he could play Opeth's songs. You can tell sometimes with PT he's aching to bust out bigger fills. He's definitely technically good enough. He probably wouldn't leave PT though.

I think if there was a replacement, he probably would come out of Scandinavia. I'm sure they would want someone with tour experience as well. They wouldn't want someone relatively unknown like Lopez was in 1997.

Axenrot seems a likely replacement since he already knows so much of the material. Not that Opeth's songs are all that difficult to learn anyway. I haven't listened to anything Axe has done, so I can't judge how creative he is or anything. I think he does a pretty good job copying Lopez, but doesn't have quite as good a feel for the Damnation material, but still is close enough. I wonder if that's why they haven't played Atonement yet?

The Greys said:
LOL

Necrophagist have soul ?. They do not even sound like a human band. It sounds like something some nerd programmed on a computer. jesus christ.
where did you pull that from are you mentally stable necrophagist is one of the most tallented bands around and mabye if you knew more about them and how they started you wouldnt of made such a juvenile comment!! seriously your talking about them not having soul mabye its more you dont have the ear needed to apreciate good music

bardoelc said:
where did you pull that from are you mentally stable necrophagist is one of the most tallented bands around and mabye if you knew more about them and how they started you wouldnt of made such a juvenile comment!! seriously your talking about them not having soul mabye its more you dont have the ear needed to apreciate good music

what an ill-conceived reply!

He has a point. Necrophagist are highly entertaining but they most definitely sound robotic to these ears too! :p