Martin Lopez & Martin Mendez...Best Rhythm Section In Metal?

• Thread starter King Purple Rainbow
  • Start date
Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow

they are amongst the best, WHEN YOU CAN HEAR THEM! lol, live theya re completely drowned out. When they played Advent which is a song so reliant on bass, I didnt hear mendez at all.

I kinda realize why you got votes for most fanboy

oh fucking yes. his fretless jobs on mourningrise are just awesome. to bid you farewell alone is just stunning if you concentrate on what defarfalla did... btw, what is he doing now?
anyway, mudvayne have the bestestmost rhythm-section in the wohle wide world. killers.

Originally posted by terria
mudvayne have the bestestmost rhythm-section in the wohle wide world. killers.

M U D V A Y N E ? ! ? !

Are you feeling alright?

musically AND technically about as good as it can get.
if you are a musician yourself, give em a chance and just listen to what he does with his bass. okay, they are new-metal but OPEN YOUR MIND. they are awesome :)

mudvayne's bassist is very good, he manages to create atmospheres very well. the drummer on the other hand, is nothing really special.

how about spiral architect?

I think a good rhythm section not only encompasses two talented musicians (a bassist and a drummer) but the main part is how they WORK TOGETHER. A lot of you seem to be missing that. The Martin's do JUST that, they are both extremely talented plus the way they work together and incorporate their parts is amazing. WAAAAY better than Anders and Johan in my opinion, sure they are both amazing musicians, but don't work as well together.

tool have to be up there with the best too
I agree Danny and Justin are both really cool musicians, Danny is one of my favorite drummers. But one thing about tool seems that Justin is always in his own world on the bass, this adds another dimension to their music that I love, but it takes him from the rhythm section completely. So basically the only rhythm section in tool is Danny on drums, while you have two melody players (gutiar and bass) and a singer.

Originally posted by terria
musically AND technically about as good as it can get.
if you are a musician yourself, give em a chance and just listen to what he does with his bass. okay, they are new-metal but OPEN YOUR MIND. they are awesome :)

Wellllllllllll...

I'll give it a shot...:D

By the way, how long has Satan been Mudvayne's bassist?:lol:

I don't know. I think Anders and Johan worked together really well on a lot of parts. But like it's been said before, Johan was always kind of off on his own thing and not really part of the band when writing, so the rest of the time he's just playing whatever. But then again, Mikael wrote an unknown amount of the bass on those two albums so who even knows.

Originally posted by MacMoney
Marquis Marky and Ron Royce destroy Lopez and Mendez. Also Sean Reinert and Sean Malone do that.

Damn right, \m/ CORONER \m/ !!!!!

I won't compare rhythm sections though. I'll just say that Mendez and Lopez are a perfect fit for Mike's compositions.

I think a good rhythm section not only encompasses two talented musicians (a bassist and a drummer) but the main part is how they WORK TOGETHER. A lot of you seem to be missing that. The Martin's do JUST that, they are both extremely talented plus the way they work together and incorporate their parts is amazing. WAAAAY better than Anders and Johan in my opinion, sure they are both amazing musicians, but don't work as well together.

Both Reinert&Malone and Marky&Royce kill in that sense too. Also I could mention Paul Bostaph and Matt Camacho from Forbidden.