Martin Lopez if you're out there!

I like how I TOLD everyone what he uses, and everyone ignores my post. Morons.

Well after you posted about what kind of kicks he uses, nobody else replied about what kind of equipment he uses, so I think you answered the question. Im sure Darfus appreciates it....

The Invoking said:
Well after you posted about what kind of kicks he uses, nobody else replied about what kind of equipment he uses, so I think you answered the question. Im sure Darfus appreciates it....

Yes I do. Thank you

alan3827 said:
You're right. my guess is he uses Tama Iron Cobra's. I own a pair, they're really smooth.

Alan, how fast can you go? And how long have you been playing double bass?

I am curious to know. I have been playing for almost a year, and I can't go that fast. Maybe 16th notes at like 150 bpm. (4 Hits for every click at 150 bpm)

Darfus said:
Hey everybody. I was wondering if anybody knows what bass drum pedals Martin Lopez uses. I am a drummer myself, and I am just curious what he uses to help with his speed. Ridiculous Speed. I try to emulate him, and it just doesn't work, and it might be my pedals. I have the pedals my set came with, Yamaha Fp7210 or something, like $60.00 each. If it's not the pedals it's just me sucking since I've only been drumming a month short of a year.

And Martin, if you're still reading these forums, I'd really appreciate it if you would let me know your equipment. Your band site doesn't say the details of your equipment, on any album.
And hell, while I'm asking you stuff, I'm also dieing to know how long it took you to develop that speed? What age did you start Double Bass.... (as the Documentary on Lamentations doesn't cover this either)

I'm sure the next album will kick-ass. I hope you're still playing back at home, then again, I'm sure you HAVE to play. I can't take to long of a break myself.. a few days at the most.

Thanks-Darfus.
Myself.

Yea But it looks like a few of these questions won't be answered... for all of the drummers out there who idolize martin... because of this touchy, groovy, talented drumming, that goes with the song like a rose goes with a garden.

shadedlife said:
5 years on the double kick, sure he can get that fast. i haven't recorded my speed for a while now... i think i got 160 bpm in 16ths a while ago - not sure though.

You've been on the double bass 5 years? 160bpm 16ths are good enough for any song. Anything above that... Is just for show! I mean, with 160bpm 16ths you can give a song what it really needs on those fast paced parts, maybe a little faster. 180 bpm.

I am at a steady 140bpm 16th notes. After 1 year of playing. I think that sucks.