About Martin Lopez´s drums...

Drummer_From_Hell

New Metal Member
Feb 1, 2005
I wonder if anoyone knows the sizes of Martin Lopez´s drums on the Lamentations dvd!? The floor toms looks like a 16" and a 18", but I´m not shure when I see the tomtoms....it looks both of them are the same size as the snare :err:

I´m planning to bye a similar kit to Martin Lopez´s, therefor I´d appreciate any answer or other thougts about the kit.

It looks like a pretty standard kit to me. but it's not so much the sizes, it's the type of heads used, how many ply the shells are, hardware and sometimes the actual brand of drums has an effect on sound.
just my thoughts.

I allready know which brand, ply etc I want in my new kit. :)
Only the sizes on my tomtom´s left to be chosen.

When you say standard kit, do you mean 12" and 13" tomtoms?

I´ve watched the dvd for hours and hours and in my opinion they can´t be standardsized tomtoms...they look huge.
Well, maybe not huge. But bigger than regular 12" and 13".

:hotjump: C´mon people....more answers please :hotjump:

janwesterm said:
I also think they are standard sized, like 12, 13, 16 and 18..
and it seemed to be like on the deliverance tour they were 10 and 12..
just a guess... dunno

yeah those are the standard sizes i believe too. you can also tune a drum to sound pretty much like anything, i wouldn't go crazy trying to find the exact sizes, if you get a premier set it should be really close to Martin's.

I read in the Drummerworld that his kit (last tour) was like this: Rack toms 10` and 12` and Floor toms 16` and 18` and both his bass drums 20`. His snare im not 100% sure but i guess 14x7.The finnish was wine red.

Well most of the drums on deliverance and damnation were trigged, so..don't expect to buy something equal to the set used by lopez and have a nearly identical sound. Accept it, it will be really difficult, but if you find yourself sucessful, let me know. I'm not a drummer, but deliverance and damantion have a really cool drum sound :)

well, only Deliverance was triggered, and only in the "death metal" parts, the "progresive" parts are "played" accoustic drums, and you can notice that both parts have the same sound, so you can achieve that sound with the right drum set and the correct tunning.

right now i only can give you the cymbal list, here it goes:

1. 20" Radia Chinese
2. 14" AA Regular Hats
3. 16" El Sabor Crash
4. 18" AAX Dark Crash
5. 7" Max Splash
6. 9" Max Splash
7. 11" Max Splash
8. 18" HHX Studio Crash
9. 21" HH Ride
10. 20" HHX Chinese
11. 14" Hand Hammered Mini Chinese
12. 19" AAXplosion Crash

enjoy, as soon as i find the drum specs, i'll post it here. ;)