Martin Lopez

You should try and make the next Mellotronen boat, Mr Samsara. Mr Thorendal expressed he might like to get up on stage with Mats and Morgan.

And you know what that means, dontcha?:headbang:

Plus, Opeth, Comus, and, and and. It'll be totally worth it!

the fact is that:
1. there are several other threads about this, so no need to start a new one once again
2. he asked it 2 fucking weeks ago, and no one could answer, so no need to "bump" it again, or are you guys gonna do this like every two weeks now?
3. not so many inside information on this forum ...
4. any information would be posted in a new thread or in a previous thread on this subject, so no need to ask it every 2 weeks, news will be reported when there is any!
5. ...

oh well, it is actually stupid of me to post this, because this is like the zillionth time someone says this, but still ...
and besides, everybody who knows this is posting extremely sarcastic stuff to make fun of you, so I'm saying it like it is. and then I am an arse, yet the others are friendly to answer? or did you really believe anything that they said here?
and yes, I will simply not read it, but still, I'm also hoping for some news if there is any, so everytime a thread like this is bumped or started, I'm under the impression that there might be actual news! ... but it's yet again another moron posting this shit again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, ....................

so shut the fuck up unless you have anything to say.

you seem to get some kind of kick of correcting people,i´ve checked some of your posts,50% of them is totally uncreative and is all about how other people should shut up or how stupid they are for asking something.Are you even interested in music at all? stop complaining on everything and simply avoid the threads that you arent interested in reading,discuss something creative instead of bashing people all the time

...and also bear in mind that any thread created is bound to change direction a little at some point. That is the nature of conversation. So it might still be worthwhile checking threads you think might be useless, because who knows what will happen in them!!

i as a drummer tend to keep away from seing these kind of showdowns because i always get depressed when i see a drummer that´s ten times better than me:rolleyes:

you seem to get some kind of kick of correcting people,i´ve checked some of your posts,50% of them is totally uncreative and is all about how other people should shut up or how stupid they are for asking something.Are you even interested in music at all? stop complaining on everything and simply avoid the threads that you arent interested in reading,discuss something creative instead of bashing people all the time

you must have misread my posts then, I'm one of the few on this forum who actually doesn't bash people or assault people constantly ... but after all, this is a discusion forum right? ... perhaps you are one of those who doesn't like when people don't agree with you and present arguments that you can't say anything back at. oh well ... I've made my point.

you must have misread my posts then, I'm one of the few on this forum who actually doesn't bash people or assault people constantly ... but after all, this is a discusion forum right? ... perhaps you are one of those who doesn't like when people don't agree with you and present arguments that you can't say anything back at. oh well ... I've made my point.

i wouldn´t say "close this fucking thread" is an argument. why not just avoid the threads you dont want to read? i bet people think it´s more annoying with those kind of comments than this thread

I have seen Hellhammer and Nile live, but Flo and Cryptopsy blew them both away. Lord Worm is an acquired taste, but is a great frontman.

I have seen those three vids before, but I do not think as far as theory and technique, they even come close to Flo Mounier. Just my opinion. I have to wait until they all have their own drum DVD's and check them out. I am not saying that these are not incredible drummers, but what I am saying is their speed does not match Flo's drumming "language". He is incredibly precise with his polyrythums distinctly separated between his hands and feet. Speed is one thing, and groove is another. You can be the fastest drummer in the world, but have no soul behind your performance. I think of playing the drums like making love to a woman. Slow, deliberate and tasty way outshines fast bang any day of the week. And that is the reason I love Opeth.

OPETH HAS SOUL!

It's such a shame that Martin left. It's an even bigger shame that I never got to see him play with the band (or is that the otherw ay around?). Oh well. We'll see what difference it makes not having him for studio from now on...

If you want to see the baddest ass woman behind a drum kit click here.

Oh...Vera Figueiredo, I saw her in 2004 in a Drum Clinic back in Mendoza, she is a fucking beast at playing, all the drummers there were blown away by her. I think she has a Percussion School or something back in Brazil as she said, don't remember well.
She played everything, from metal, progressive, punk, bossa nova to uruguayan percussion (I think this last one has a proper name, as I don't remember right now)

I'm glad someone knows her stuff, it's fantastic.

Oh...Vera Figueiredo, I saw her in 2004 in a Drum Clinic back in Mendoza, she is a fucking beast at playing, all the drummers there were blown away by her. I think she has a Percussion School or something back in Brazil as she said, don't remember well.
She played everything, from metal, progressive, punk, bossa nova to uruguayan percussion (I think this last one has a proper name, as I don't remember right now)

I'm glad someone knows her stuff, it's fantastic.

She is a BEAST on the drums, and I wish I could get more video of her.

Speaking of a beast on drums.
John Bonham Moby Dick Solo circa 1970. Pure brilliance. I am suprized that more people do not compare Led Zeppelin and Opeth. Both total musical innovators in their respective times time.