MARTIN LOPEZ INFO!

Mar 11, 2006
i know that Mr. Lopez has been ill with his rare blood dissorder since the past summer. i was wondering if anyone new any updated info on how he is doing, is he getting back behind the kit, and anything else would be great. Ive been to 4 opeth shows since Lopez took his sick leave and Mikael never seems to mention to the fans at the shows what the deal is.

thanks.

Urgh, I was hoping, by the thread title, that you actually had info. We've had a ton of threads on this. Nobody, outside of the band and people close to them, seems to know. I'm presuming that, since they're not mentioning it, it isn't any of our business. It would still be nice to know whether he's doing good.

i think that it IS our business. we pay the money to go to the shows. we better get an explenation as to why lopez isn't behind his kit. Axenrot is a fine drummer and everything, but he's beginning to drift away from the memorable and important drum parts while on stage and its kinda been pissing me off. and plus he doesn't play anywhere near the perfect combo of power and grace that lopez does. im just getting a little irritated is all. im still very satisfied with their live performance.

I heard his condition hasn't improved since he took ill before the tour and I'm worried.

sevenmilestones said:
i think that it IS our business. we pay the money to go to the shows.

Yeah, that's right. Dance for us you Swedish bastards! Go on!!! Do a little jig. RIGHT NOW!!!! I paid good American dollars to see a concert and now I own every last part of you. Do as I say or I will hold my breath and POO MY PANTS!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

sevenmilestones said:
i think that it IS our business. we pay the money to go to the shows. we better get an explenation as to why lopez isn't behind his kit. Axenrot is a fine drummer and everything, but he's beginning to drift away from the memorable and important drum parts while on stage and its kinda been pissing me off. and plus he doesn't play anywhere near the perfect combo of power and grace that lopez does. im just getting a little irritated is all. im still very satisfied with their live performance.

sevenmilestones said:
an explenation as to why lopez isn't behind his kit.

It could just possibly be that he has blood poisoning.

Lee_B said:
Yeah, that's right. Dance for us you Swedish bastards! Go on!!! Do a little jig. RIGHT NOW!!!! I paid good American dollars to see a concert and now I own every last part of you. Do as I say or I will hold my breath and POO MY PANTS!!!!!!

Exactly. If not for the money of the fans, Opeth would never have made it past the first demo... or rather they would have just recorded a bunch of demos for free on a home computer. Bands need to realize they are where they are because of the fans. So in a way the fans do deserve to see the band they supported with their hard-earned cash.

Oinkness said:
Lee_B said:

Exactly. If not for the money of the fans, Opeth would never have made it past the first demo... or rather they would have just recorded a bunch of demos for free on a home computer. Bands need to realize they are where they are because of the fans. So in a way the fans do deserve to see the band they supported with their hard-earned cash.
:lol: :lol:
Uhhh, Oinky, I think he was being sarcastic. ;)

Moonlapse said:
Urgh, I was hoping, by the thread title, that you actually had info.
Me too. Next time, end the title with a question mark rather than an exclamation point. ;)

Oinkness said:

Dude! Blood poisoning! I'm sure if it's anything we need to know such as Lopez' condition is deteriorating or God forbid, worse then the band will tell us. Look at it like this, no news is good news.

Moonlapse said:
Urgh, I was hoping, by the thread title, that you actually had info. We've had a ton of threads on this. Nobody, outside of the band and people close to them, seems to know. I'm presuming that, since they're not mentioning it, it isn't any of our business. It would still be nice to know whether he's doing good.

same :(

Hope he will be ready for the summer festivals. He's been gone for a while now. Is Axe still filling in for him?

Moonlapse said:
Haha me too. Actually thought hehad info.

They don't want people to know? Probally so people(like me) will not decide not to go see the show since he is not playing. I saw them last November in SF and it kinda sucked without him.

God bless Martin and we pray for your full recovery.