MARTIN LOPEZ INFO!

Nicklas Rudolfsson Ex Sacramentum(swe) will be joining on drums. Martin is just finishing up tours with opeth.

sevenmilestones said:
i think that it IS our business. we pay the money to go to the shows. we better get an explenation as to why lopez isn't behind his kit. Axenrot is a fine drummer and everything, but he's beginning to drift away from the memorable and important drum parts while on stage and its kinda been pissing me off. and plus he doesn't play anywhere near the perfect combo of power and grace that lopez does. im just getting a little irritated is all. im still very satisfied with their live performance.

well, i don't think that they are actually trying to piss you off. do you expect an apology or something?

JoeVice said:
well, i don't think that they are actually trying to piss you off. do you expect an apology or something?

If there is nothing to hide, why hide? Unless you want to mislead people that Lopez might be playing, when he's not.

Chronology without Martin Lopez? Yeah right.

Oh boy...a rare blood disorder? That's bull. Bless him. I've always admired his character, and his calm rocker persona. He seems like a really cool guy.

Lopez is a fighter. I don't doubt he can dog through the illnes, and get back to life. I sure hope he is okay.

:)

Lee_B said:
Yeah, that's right. Dance for us you Swedish bastards! Go on!!! Do a little jig. RIGHT NOW!!!! I paid good American dollars to see a concert and now I own every last part of you. Do as I say or I will hold my breath and POO MY PANTS!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Hey, hey! Have some respect for my Sweedish metal groupies and bands. :p Much love to the metal from Sweden(!:)). My love for metal came from Sweedish soil, starting with stuff like old school Dark Tranquillity, and shit like The Jester Race by In Flames.

Honestly, not all of us Americans are complete assholes and jerks. That's just the way many look at us because of the fuckers who run our govt, and make certain laws.

I guess a better discussion would be whether Martin should still be the creative force behind the kit during the recording process.. I'm not exactly crazy about Axe's creativity. So do you think Opeth should still use Martin Lopez for their recordings but have a different live drummer?

sevenmilestones said:
i think that it IS our business. we pay the money to go to the shows. we better get an explenation as to why lopez isn't behind his kit.

Im sure that if Martin himself wanted people to know he would make sure we did, so since its HIS fucking blood and HIS fucking disorder then it would be logical to think that it is HIS fucking business.

Sure, Im curious and worried about the guy. Hes the most friendly out of the band, he just sat talking to us for a good hour or so last time he was down. All you can do is hope and wish for the best.

With that said Im a private person and would not apreciate my health status being public and in doing so publicly monitored.

I myself wouldnt like an explanation for why he hasnt been at the shows. We already have one A FUCKING BLOOD DISORDER. Id just like to hear a "hes ok" or a " yeah hes doing good" but if we DONT its for a reason and we should accept it.

Pauly's metalheads said:
If there is nothing to hide, why hide? Unless you want to mislead people that Lopez might be playing, when he's not.

Chronology without Martin Lopez? Yeah right.

do you think that their intentions are to mislead people? is that what this is all about?

Yes, it's a big conspiracy. The Lopez family is actually the Illuminati, and his great great great great great great, etc. grandmother was Mary Magdalene, wife of Jesus. He has Jesus blood in him. But the devil music he plays finally got to him, so now the devil is fighting the Jesus in his blood. But Jesus is stronger, and he is better, but he has to wait until the Sons of Liberty are done working out their differences with the Free Masons so that the Illuminati are no longer the driving force behind the world. Not that he wants the Illuminati to fall to the wayside, but he is looking for an escape where he can forget that part of his life and move forward with Opeth.

Towedwart said:
Yes, it's a big conspiracy. The Lopez family is actually the Illuminati, and his great great great great great great, etc. grandmother was Mary Magdalene, wife of Jesus. He has Jesus blood in him. But the devil music he plays finally got to him, so now the devil is fighting the Jesus in his blood. But Jesus is stronger, and he is better, but he has to wait until the Sons of Liberty are done working out their differences with the Free Masons so that the Illuminati are no longer the driving force behind the world. Not that he wants the Illuminati to fall to the wayside, but he is looking for an escape where he can forget that part of his life and move forward with Opeth.
You have failed.

Towedwart said:

i don't think thats it.

Sfarog said:
I guess a better discussion would be whether Martin should still be the creative force behind the kit during the recording process.. I'm not exactly crazy about Axe's creativity. So do you think Opeth should still use Martin Lopez for their recordings but have a different live drummer?

i was actually thinking something along these lines. If illness keeps him from touring, it doesn't necessarily mean that it keeps him from the band (not to say that it isn't possible it could be that serious). having a studio drummer and a live drummer isnt exactly a hard concept to grasp.

shitthread3.gif