Will The Great Martin Lopez Ever Return ???

Led Opeth said:
i think axe is a good drummer, but he doesnt have groove....when he was playing closure at teh NYC Show, he was riding on the cymbals way too fast on the solo acoustic part....and with the main drum beat...it sounded so stock...i mean its not a hard song to play on drums, I aswell as a few others i know (Black Paragon) can play it with groove...anyways the point im trying to make is...if axe becomes the main drummer....its gonna sound like pre MAYH Drumming...that pretty strait up metal drumming...not to say pre mayh is shit...but ive come to enjoy lopez's complicated beats and fills....and damn..it would make me sad if he doesnt come back... :-(

Thank you. :p

And yeah I totally agree he has no GROOOVEE. We need to get Gadd! :lol:

Lopez is one of my favorite drummers... ever... His absence from Opeth would be a tremendous loss... Axe is great and he did a great job covering for Lopez live, but I think that, as said before, Lopez's jazz and soul would be greatly missed.

I hope Martin Lopez is feeling better, if he returns then that it is cool.

But Martin Axenrot is an excellent drummer as well. I'm happy with either one.

we deserve an answer damn it...!!!.......coem on Mikey spew the truth..!!!!.....PEAC EOUT

Mr12000 said:
Lopez is one of my favorite drummers... ever... His absence from Opeth would be a tremendous loss... Axe is great and he did a great job covering for Lopez live, but I think that, as said before, Lopez's jazz and soul would be greatly missed.

My thoughts exactly!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

It is true that we aren't owed anything, but discussing the situation can't hurt anything. I have a feeling that he is not going to return which greatly disappoints me because he is my favorite drummer.

When the loss of a drummer has the potential to affect a band greatly, you know they're a complete unit. I just had to say that.

But I hope Lopez is able to return. I thought Deliverance was some of his best work (among personal favourites). I wouldn't complain about having Axenrot, but Lopez is perfect for the job. I just hope he's able to maintain good health, above all else.

im guessing mikael or someone would have made an announcement by now if they knew for sure, they probably dont want to jump the gun