Deliverance - M. Lopez and M. Mendez deserve a lot of credit for their rhythm work!

ddicosmo

Apr 30, 2001
Nashua, NH USA
Visit site
I just wanted to post my praise for the incredible rhythm work on Deliverance. Mikael and Peter usually always get most of the credit for this band, but I just want to express my appreciation for the excellent rhythm work of Martin Mendez and Martin Lopez on this album. It really shines. The bass is tight and spot on while the drum work is simply incredible and just kicks your ass all over the place. Great work guys!! I can't wait to see Opeth in the US!

Mendez did great work on BWP also, but the drumming didn't stand out much. They all came together on this one.

Originally posted by ddicosmo
I just wanted to post my praise for the incredible rhythm work on Deliverance. Mikael and Peter usually always get most of the credit for this band, but I just want to express my appreciation for the excellent rhythm work of Martin Mendez and Martin Lopez on this album. It really shines. The bass is tight and spot on while the drum work is simply incredible and just kicks your ass all over the place. Great work guys!! I can't wait to see Opeth in the US!

Indeed :)

i like the bass work on BWP more...it stood out at the right times. but the drumming is undoubtedly the best on deliverance...it would be awesome to see them play deliverance live

Lopez became quite the madman, right?

Great fucking drumming on this album. It gives the songs an edge they wouldn't have had with more modest drumming. That definately is what makes the album so heavy.