May 2, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
As I already wrote in my first thread when I was on the boat the setlist was:

1. Master's Apprentice
2. The Drapery Falls
3. Baying of the Hounds
4. Harvest (special version!)
5. Serenity painted death
6. Heir Apparent (from the new album, Watershed)
7. Demon of the Falls
**Not so sure about the order**

So first thing, as soon as I arrived the terminal I already noticed Fredrick and Martin Mendez with their gear.
Yes, every artists carried his own instruments on board and we all boarded the ship from the same entrance.
So as u can realize the atmosphere of hanging out with the artists had started even then.
First thing I got on the boat with my friend. She didn't know the boat so I showed her around since it wasn't my first time on board Silja's Symphony. So while we were walking near the main stage looking at the gear set up, I bumped into Mikael.
img1114pw1.jpg

he was so nice to me. I was so excited to meet him! barely knew what to say hehehhehehe... hey Mikael, if u read this, then thanks for your patience!

So after we met Mikael the band started to set up their instruments and do a little warm up and I was surprised to see that nobody stood in front of the stage. As u can see in the picture nobody is standing near the fence. People was just sitting in the sits surrounding the stage. So I kindda felt stupid to go there all by myself but later on I met two american guys and we went to the front like we were supposed to be!
img1119jc7.jpg

They played Master's Apprentice as a warm up. Was totally cool :headbang:
img1123hp9.jpg

Then after the warm up we went to take some pictures with the rest. They were totally cool.

Here's me with Axe. Funny guy. And here's a sad story for you:
We bumped into each other in the toilet and I asked him when is he going to perform with his girlfriend, since they were supposed to have a gig together and then he said "Mate, we already performed". I felt so ashamed cuz me and my friends were busy drinking all the time and we ended up missing it. So that's an important lesson. Don't do drinking on a boat with your favorite band on it!
img1124nx4.jpg

Here's me with Martin who offered me a seat next to him. :kickass:
We had a little chat and of course I asked him about his hair hehehehhee
Now to break all stupid rumors, He has done it to himself! No hair dresser making mistake or any other shit like that. I also asked him about Martin Lopez. He said that he's feeling fine and right now playing in some bands.
img1126eu6.jpg

Fredrick and Me. I met him while he and Marin had a smoke together. Later on we bumped into each other few times after they performed. He was so cool asking how am I doing each time he saw me and asking if I enjoyed the show. Totally cool guy! Fred, you rulez man!!
img1127pp7.jpg

I didn't have a picture with Per. He seemed busy all the time, carrying equipment from one side to another and some times hanging in front of the stage with some friends so I just didn't wanna interrupt :( NEXT TIME!!!

My friends and me
img1131ux7.jpg

Here're some pictures from the gig itself. I was standing half a meter from Mikael. Got smashed a little bit against the fence but FUCK IT!! it was for a good cause!!
First me with the crowd. Some of u guys might be in the photos too
img1138ch8.jpg

img1150ei6.jpg

I barely managed to take pictures during the show and not to speak about video clips. People were pushing all the time and only when we got to Harvest it was safe to take some pictures since people were CALM hehehhe

img1152ft8.jpg

They played Harvest differently which I kindda donno how to explain because of my lacking english LOL but it was very calm and slow and they used Wah Wah to play the whole song. Totally different from the album or the DVD. some will say it was like Jazz but I'm not so good categorizing music.

Martin, a bit weird to see him with short hair but nevertheless he still head banged!
img1145ou2.jpg

I tried to get Fred's pic but it was hard from my position.
img1148ny1.jpg

I have some video clip from the warm up so I'll see how am I going to upload em.

Photographers were all over and they were filming the whole event so a DVD will be out!

And now about Peter.
I met a guy on the boat who was a friend of Peter. First thing he said that Mikael asked Peter to join them on the boat as an observer of course but he declined cuz he didn't want to be annoyed by people asking "why did u leave?" He said that Peter is working in the IT field right now and he's very happy about it. He said that for Peter, the moment music began to be a job he felt that its not right anymore.

And that's quite it... the best event of my life! something that will stick in my memory for life.

Thanks for reading guys. Hope u liked it.
Cheers to Opeth!!

Cool dude, I believe I saw you a couple of times too!
I met Per once, he stood by the bar before or after some gig and I was like "hey, that's per!" so me and my friend spoke to him for a while. Had to ask him about how he felt about all the cameras filming him/if it was worse than war, he went something like "no, only when micke is filming!" :lol:

Met Fredrik a couple of times too, he's a really nice guy! Since we had already met him earlier in the week he actually came and said hi to us instead of the other way around :)

We bumped into each other in the toilet and I asked him when is he going to perform with his girlfriend, since they were supposed to have a gig together and then he said "Mate, we already performed". I felt so ashamed

Me and my dirty mind :lol: :headbang:

Thanks for sharing this, great read this was :D Great pics... argh, wish I had gone to the bloody thing... :(

Met Fredrik a couple of times too, he's a really nice guy! Since we had already met him earlier in the week he actually came and said hi to us instead of the other way around :)

yeah I had the same experience with Fredrick as well... so friendly this guy. and I did meet Per and spoke to him like few words but he was busy so I just didn't want to interrupt him.

Great!!!

PS.for Peter, the moment music began to be a job he felt that its not right anymore. <--- super cool, but this is like saying Opeth are commercial, and are going it only for the money, cause it was o job before he left. I thought he got tired.

That looks like you had an awesome time man. Once in a lifetime experience, wish I was there. :\

Cheers for the post mate. I'm glad that Peter and Lopez are doing well. BTW, did you ask any questions from the band members about the upcoming Still Life and Watershed albums? Cheers.

Excellent post! Thank you for sharing. It's nice to routinely hear from folks that the Opeth guys are such good people. I'm so envious!!

hello ndSinister,
i think you asked me at some time about how to get my pictures of the event
sadly we didn't meet later but... i will post them when they'll be ready, and everyone will enjoy them as well ;)

Good to hear Lopez is up to his old tricks. It's incredible to hear Pete's in the IT field now... it seems so weird, not that it's a bad thing and best of luck to him with it!