Martin Lopez leaves Opeth

the mourner13 said:
I didn't understand why he has anxiety attacks when playing with opeth,wouldn't he have these attacks in his project?

His own project doesn't mean he'll neccessarily tour.He could just release studio albums. I think the bigger problem is his blood disorder but in which case he can pretty much make his own schedule since it's his project.

The anxiety attacks could be also caused by Mikael's dominance.
It pretty much contredicts the things Lopez said on the Lamentations documentry but the whole "Opeth don't fight among themselves and Mikael accepts changes in the music by Lopez" could be also a publicity trick to prevent the fans from finding out the band is in bad relations.
most evidence in opeth's music sugguests that what I just said is highly unlikely and I wouldn't believe it myself if I heared it from someone else.
just specualting here.

He's my second favourite drummer behind Danny Carrey. Too bad he left. Honestly, he had become the best part of Opeth because the music has gone down hill. My liking of Opeth has decreased a lot and I think "Ghost Reveries" finally did it for me. It started with "Blackwater Park" but even that sounds great compared to the recent efforts. They still put on great lives shows, though, and Peter is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Lopez is also really nice, and a great drummer. I've gotta keep an eye out for his new project.