Having Some Fun Mixing Morrowind and Opeth

segaszivos

Jun 29, 2003
Baltimore
I beat Morrowind, an awesome RPG/Adventure/First-Person Hack 'n' Slash (aka: Medieval GTA3) and completed most of the quests and got all the best items in the game. I was yearning for more enjoyment when I got the idea of using the Software that it came with to edit the game.

I added a secret town called Blackwater Park that contained a house with a makeshift recording house. In the house I created five new NPCS: Mikael Akerfeldt, Peter Lindgren, Martin Lopez, Martin Mendez, Steve Wilson. Surprisingly, their characters accurately portray their appearance. In the house, there is a stack of 7 books. Each book represents an album, each of which contains the appropriate song titles, lyrics, and credits.

Each character has some sort of character interactment. Mikael Akerfeldt can train you in thief-like skills because he steals from Camel and James Bond theme songs. ;) Also, he is the guild master for the guild I added, called "Opeth." In which you take orders from Mikael Akerfeldt and complete the quests. As you complete quests you work you way up until you become the guild master of the band. Peter is a merchant from which you can purchase new items including the books containing the lyrics. Martin Lopez is a mage that you can purchase magic spells from. I chose this because his drumming in Deliverance is 'magical.' Martin Mendez is armor-smith. You can purchase some cool Opeth-related weapons from him and he can repair your items. Steve Wilson is an information character. If you talk to him he will tell you various information about Porcupine Tree and Opeth, including made-up stories!

I replaced all the music in the game with various Opeth songs. From now on, when I get into a battle, instead of hearing some repetitive fantasy music, I get to hear Demon of the Fall, Blackwater Park, Face of Melinda, Blackrose Immortal, When, Circle of Tyrants, Godhead's Lament, and Deliverance. The introduction music for the game is To Bid You Farewell. I also replaced the Explore and Special music with various softer songs.

This is the most fun that I have had with games in years! To make my own Opeth in Morrowind. Give me some ideas and I'll see what I can do to make it better. :D

Sounds really interesting dude but you aren't creating anything original... you are taking software someone else made to change a game some other guy designed and adding characters imitations of real people with music that somebody else created... create your own game with your own music and then post something here.. it's not reality .. Music is real ( maybe not pop) .. computer games aren't ...
go play russian roulette.. there's a real game ..

Learn how to use a sword and go into the forest .. create your own game .. kill somebody.. reality in it's greatest form .. you'll never feel so alive

Ouch, those flames hurt.

As for the sword comment. I am already adept in my ability with the katana from my old D&D days; however, my attourney says that I can't kill anyone anymore. :p

By the way, saying that a computer game isn't real is the most retarded thing ever. How can something that occupies and entertains someone not be real?

It wasn't supposed to be original. If it were original then I would have taken my novel and applied it with my programming skills, added my friend's music and released this game as an executable file so that you could further flame me. I didn't want to creat something orginal, it was supposed to be a spoof.

And obviously I am gay beecause I am taken something that I am good at and applying it to something else to further entertain myself. Good reasoning. I wish that I was as smart as you.

I think it's pretty cool, although it's really anal that you put all the lyrics in the "books". I love that game, it's fucking excellent.
Ignore the flamers, especially the weirdo suggesting you go and murder someone. Heavy metal forums seem to attract those freaks for some reason.

warsofwinter said:
Learn how to use a sword and go into the forest .. create your own game .. kill somebody.. reality in it's greatest form .. you'll never feel so alive

What exactly are you saying here? You have killed someone and enjoyed it? You want to kill people? You think killing is a game? What?
No wonder people think metal fans are all freaks.

warsofwinter said:
Sounds really interesting dude but you aren't creating anything original... you are taking software someone else made to change a game some other guy designed and adding characters imitations of real people with music that somebody else created... create your own game with your own music and then post something here.. it's not reality .. Music is real ( maybe not pop) .. computer games aren't ...
go play russian roulette.. there's a real game ..

I wasn't being serious ..

but nice comments anyway

TakinTheMusicBack said:
What exactly are you saying here? You have killed someone and enjoyed it? You want to kill people? You think killing is a game? What?
No wonder people think metal fans are all freaks.

Blasphemy!!!!!/.. don't deny your freakness .. once a freak always a freak
Also a joke .. but the freak part still goes.... All musician's are freaks .. who wants to be normal? ....

Ummm .. just don't pay any attention to me ..

Moonlapse said:
haha, sounds like that would've taken some time man. you should release it as an actual mod and see how many people go after it :).

Ya, I'll do that after its all been tested by my little brother.

:D :) :D

But of course I'll need to research about finishing mods. Changing the music is seperate from the mods, from what I know, but I'll find out.