Would you still love OPeth...

Nov 27, 2005
if they were these guys? I mean... we all say image doesn't count in music at all, and music is what really matters.... but what woul dyou think if this was opeth:

_1566795_five300.jpg

from left to right: Mikael Akerfedlt, Martin Mendez, Per Wiberg, Martin Lopez, Peter Lindgren

what do you think?:erk:

Now that's going too far... :mad:

When it gets to the point that they look like a BOY BAND I just might not like their music so much anymore.

Well, I guess it depends on the kind of music they were making. :erk:

- the TMSFGJAEUPGWMSFFWELCFB

that's the whole point of this thread Tubby!!! i mean... music is all that matters (at least that's what we say)... so why would we care they looked like that?! honestly i don't think i would like htem as much... :erk:

i dont really know. i liked them before i saw them, so i think id still like them, but be surprised as hell b/c they dont sound like theyd look like that. i know id like them, i might just refrain from ever going to see them live.

This question is nullified by another. Would a band that concerned with image be as concerned with making good music? Can U find an example lol.

But if they sounded like Opeth, I would listen to them just as much.

edit - Is sounded a word?

alienuth said:
i dont really know. i liked them before i saw them, so i think id still like them, but be surprised as hell b/c they dont sound like theyd look like that. i know id like them, i might just refrain from ever going to see them live.
I agree completelay.. i heard their music and loved it wayy before i actually saw any pictures or anythiong of them.. so ya id still lsten to them

lol, who are these morons?

I dont think it would effect my listening of them. But i think the look the guys have now, fit the music perfectly. Layed back-like-long hair- bell bottoms. I know many people who looked into Opeth because of the blackwater park promo shots.

why wouldn't they? i think growing your hair, wearing black clothes, etc... is somehow being concerned with image as much as a boyband... so yeah...

DEMIgOD said:
lol, who are these morons?

I dont think it would effect my listening of them. But i think the look the guys have now, fit the music perfectly. Layed back-like-long hair- bell bottoms. I know many people who looked into Opeth because of the blackwater park promo shots.

when i told my friend they were like this prog death band and then when they saw those pics they thought they looked "extremely fashion" for a metal band

Even for a hypothethical this is very unlikely. It simply wouldn't be the case. Opeth's music is music that sells another image. Forests, long hair, sunnies and 70's flared pants are all on the agenda, but Opeth's music in no way screams 'modern, trendy and fashionable'.

Even for a hypothethical, it's just very null, void and... useless.

well moonlapse, that was just a quesiton i had :erk: and i thought it could bring up some good discussions about music/image.

worldwide_suicide said:
when i told my friend they were like this prog death band and then when they saw those pics they thought they looked "extremely fashion" for a metal band

your friend is an idiot. haha.

kidding.

I have a friend who is obsessed with IMAGE metal bands. He surfs myspace all day looking for them. I come over his house.. hes all like " DUUDE.. check out this guys dreds,they rawkkk" and im like "uhh.. hows their music".

that is all.

^LOL, yes i know those guys!!! they're like teenie girls obsessed with their boy bands and how good they look... i dont really care... unless they were really fat :erk: sorry Tubby :(

I would still like them...I never see what a band looks like until I'm already into their music, so I would be kind of surprised but I would already like the music enough not to care if they looked like douchebags.