Opeth on Wacken and new album release date?!?!?

30th May...damn it looks like i'll be gettin the album around late or mid June..><

You guys are unbelievable.
And why is that? I think it's natural that people are getting upset - after all, Mike did say that the album is done, so yes, it's annoying that we have to wait four months for it to come out. I know, I know, the music industry and all, bla bla bla, but the bottom line is it's frustrating.

Why not be disappointed? We expected it earlier - and were really looking foward to it. Its only natural.

As long as noone is cursing Mikaels name or burning Opeth cds i think it should be ok to simply state ones natural feelings about this.

exactly. i don't understand why Samsara has to defend Opeth to the point of... fucking... i dunno. we all love opeth so its pretty understandable that we're disappointed we have to wait.

That it's been mixed doesn't mean it's finished, does it? You have to consider they still have to produce the CDs and so on.

with a company like roadrunner and in the 21st century, it doesn't take 5 months to get it in stores ...

and yeah, another reason why it's stupid to hold it back for so long is that the chances that it will get leaked increase enormously. I will wait of course untill it is released (and untill I will be able to buy it finally), but we can be pretty certain that it will be available for illegal download at least 2 months before it is released. and then the record companies complain ........... sitting on their billions of dollars/euros.

Not this discussion again.. :erk::puke:

Stop crying like freaking babies.. Just wait for the album to come :)

Hmm, 30th May thats very nice.. Maybe even go to wacken!

...another reason why it's stupid to hold it back for so long is that the chances that it will get leaked increase enormously... ...it will be available for illegal download at least 2 months before it is released. and then the record companies complain ........... sitting on their billions of dollars/euros.

Yes, this sounds pretty stupid. And It feels like it would be more important for sales to get the new album to stores as fast as possible compared to delaying the DVD-release 9 months.
I wonder if the forum will be closed again like the last time. :rolleyes:

looks like a pretty incredible line up actually. At the Gates, Carcass, Gorgoroth, Opeth.... I may go if enslaved or akercocke are announced... or both.
Vey unlikely that Enslaved would play 2 years in row...imo they were the best band there last year!

Yey! those are great news for me. I already planned to visit a friend in Berlin this summer HAHA!! :D

not that Berlin is that close to Wacken :p but at least you will be in the right country already
I actually think I live about as close to Wacken as it is from Berlin, and I have to take an 8 hour trip ..

exactly. i don't understand why Samsara has to defend Opeth to the point of... fucking... i dunno. we all love opeth so its pretty understandable that we're disappointed we have to wait.

I'm not defending the band. I'm shaking my head at you guys who act like spoiled children. Mike is nice enough to keep you guys posted on the progress of the recording progress, and all you guys can do is fucking whine and bitch and moan. For fucks sake you all should be treated like the brats you that you are. You don't need to know anything about the recording process, what the band thinks about their performances, what studio they recorded at, when the drums finished and when the guitars began, what flavor the songs are taking on... nothing. Nothing but a release date. Frankly, I think that's all you should ever be told. Total silence until there is a firm date and that's it. Thank goodness I'm not in charge of that because that's what would happen.

Perspective from someone who knows what they are talking about is here.

Saying, "I can't fucking wait for the new record!!" is great. Saying, "If the album's done then what to wait for?" without any knowlege of how the process works is just inane... and THAT children is why I say you are unbelieveable.

That being said... I wish I had the CD in my player right now myself, but it'll be ready when it's ready and I'm pretty sure it'll be worth the wait.

Cheers :saint: