If the members of Opeth...

I don't understand the GR hate here. It's a fantastic album that should satisfy the progressive metal hunger of opeth fans. Granted it's not a classic "death metal" album, but who expects Opeth to do aother MAYH? GoP and BotH are just....jizminducing.

Ten SiSi said:
I don't understand the GR hate here. It's a fantastic album that should satisfy the progressive metal hunger of opeth fans. Granted it's not a classic "death metal" album, but who expects Opeth to do aother MAYH? GoP and BotH are just....jizminducing.

Exactly.

in_absentia said:
... or the fact that they actually rehearsed this album before going into the studio... but its the worst album they made

haha to quote mike: this is bordering on stupid.

and he was being nice. if it was me id say this is fucking ridiculous. you have no brain.

good day.

QUOTE=Benighted Joe]Change instruments?

A comment like that could only have come from a swede I thought after
I'd read this. Let me see... Yeah. I was right.

Just like Led Zeppelin - and many other bands - it's the band members that
make the band work. When LZ drummer, John Bonham, passed away there
was no Led Zeppelin.

I would rather DIE than hearing Per beating drums instead of Lopez
on a record.

Well I think you're taking me a LITTLE too serious here (and not only you). My constellation-post was nothing more than jest. I would of course not REALLY favor the lineup posted above to the original one. Though the Lopez/Axenrot scenario is worth pondering should Lopez come back... :)

Cheers...

Opethian666 said:
Haha I know, I just posted shit thread because of Wreath's dark magic affecting me. But hey, even if I become famous because of the shittiest thread ever, I'm still famous :p

So when is Mikael's side project with 50 cent starting?
opizzle is still in progress:headbang:

Ten SiSi said:

everyone keeps considering Opeth as 'progressive'. i've never seen them as that. so therefore it doesn't satisfy my 'progressive metal hunger'. And whats with the keyboards? Per is a great keyboardist, don't get me wrong, i think he's very talented, but Opeth with keys?

you people fucking crack me up. you wont even give axenrot a chance to put HIS spin on the opeth sound. hes been playing pre-written tunes. remember what most of you quack nay-sayers said about per when he first joined on the damnation tour? They added a keyboardist, and it changed a whole dimension of the band which was desperately needed. imagine the all new influence and inspiration a more "in your face" drummer could bring to the band now. the band is still continuing to change, morph and progress...axenrot is no different than just another piece in the puzzle. accept it, hope for the best and get over yourselves.