If Lopez left Opeth...

ViCyniC

Nov 14, 2003
New Jersey, USA
...would BassPlayer follow?

I think he would, unfortunately. I don't see him sticking around with Opeth without his long-time buddy Lopez to relate with. But if he did decide to stay...do you think Opeth would want to keep him?

BTW, I don't want to stretch the topic too thin by asking about who the replacement drummer would be. But that's also another thing to ponder about, I guess.

And just to be clear, ALL OF THIS IS JUST HYPOTHETICAL, lol.

hmmm, yeah i wonder if M.Lo left, if M.Me would leave as well..i'm kinda leaning toward a YES as well =\. i think they'd lose a little bit if M.Lo left, but not much if M.Me left. they're both good, but both replaceable. Mike is the main man, and w/out HIM, there would be no opeth. otherwise we're good. I mean, look at Death...every release had a different line up. but Schuldiner WAS Death, and he remained, and the band ruled supreme on every release.
..but as Apprentice Mas. said, this is all speculation.

Hypothetical. I doubt he'd even think about leaving, I mean he's got everything he wants in Opeth, heavy and soft. The only reason he'd leave is if he had an accident or died or something like that. So if he died would Mendez kill himself? There's something to ponder.

Lopez left Afflec, so I would say it is entirely possible. I don't think anyone saw it coming.

He ain't going anywhere. I think the band's lineup is finally solidified. Based on his comments in the interview posted the other day it seems like everyone is getting the "family" vibe.

Everyone who's angry, please look up the word "hypothetical" in the dictionary. And talk more about the connection between Lopez and Mendez, not about the possibility Lopez leaving. The point here is that hypothetically assuming he does leave, what would be of Bass Player's fate?

We all know in reality that Lopez won't be leaving any time soon. That's why I said hypothetically. Idiots.

I'd like to see Gene Hoglan replace him. I don't think I'd recognise if Opeth didn't have a bass player, but that's just me..

Looking for a Job said:
hoglan can't replace lopez. akerfeldt MUST be the fattest member of the band, period
I'm sure he'll put on weight just for you

hmm... i don't think he would leave...
seems to me he loves playing with opeth...
i don't see any reason he would leave such a great gig just to babysit lopez.
plus, it is hypothetical...

Apprentice's Master said:
Everyone who's angry, please look up the word "hypothetical" in the dictionary. And talk more about the connection between Lopez and Mendez, not about the possibility Lopez leaving. The point here is that hypothetically assuming he does leave, what would be of Bass Player's fate?

We all know in reality that Lopez won't be leaving any time soon. That's why I said hypothetically. Idiots.

it's idiotic because it spawns comments like this:

BRI said:
I'd like to see Gene Hoglan replace him. I don't think I'd recognise if Opeth didn't have a bass player, but that's just me..

not to mention a bunch of obnoxious speculation

the last thread that started to go into this got deleted