Opeth and drum tone/production.

Mr Samsara said:
I thought the clarity and tone of the drums on GR was fantastic... I never had a problem with them before anyway... but I really love the way they sound on GR.

The keys? a perfect addition in MHO. There's absolutely nothing "electronic" or steril sounding there. "Organic" actually comes to mind.

Just my opinion. nothing more.

:devil:

*sigh* People shouldn't criticize things they know absolutely nothing about.

There is nothing less "natural" about the Ghost Reveries production. It's simply clearer, and, if anything, truer to the actual sounds of the drums, the only obvious exception being the intro to "Grand Conjuration," which is programmed. His cymbals sounded absolutely phenomenal. The production on My Arms...Your Hearse was god awful. It's an incredible album, but it sounds terrible. I think Martin played that one on a freaking tama swingstar, for christ's sake....

I assume that you guys like that "raw" sound, but that sound does not come "naturally." It comes from using inferior recording equipment that is incapable of capturing a better sound, and poor mixing.

My favorite album for drum sound remains "Damnation," but the production on Ghost Reveries was fantastic.

I assume that you guys like that "raw" sound, but that sound does not come "naturally." It comes from using inferior recording equipment that is incapable of capturing a better sound, and poor mixing.

no shit

I also enjoyed the production on Ghost Reveries. All the instruments are a lot more defined and the clarity is fantastic.

I didn't like the drum production from My Arms Your Hearse all the way through Blackwater Park. The bass drumming was sloppy and it just fucking bothered me. I like my drums sounding accurate but at the same time not over-processed(Deliverance was kind od heading towards that direction with the drums) and GR is practically a perfect example of what a Metal/Prog drumming production should sound like.