The song Deliverance, and my comment on the drums

And anyone who's seen this tour knows that he tore the shit out of Peter's Deliverance solo.

Did he change it? Are there any videos of it, I tried to search youtube, but didn't find anything.

And on topic: I really loved Lopez, but for Watershed I must say I wouldn't have it any other way than it is, that goes for both Axe and Åkesson.

Did he change it? Are there any videos of it, I tried to search youtube, but didn't find anything.

And on topic: I really loved Lopez, but for Watershed I must say I wouldn't have it any other way than it is, that goes for both Axe and Åkesson.

He played it pretty much note-for-note like the studio version. He also did a really cool improv solo over the end of Hope Leaves too.

I'm liking how they changed the ending of TNATSW, extending the ending etc

I thought Fredrik's solo on Hope Leaves was VERY nice. Extremely heartfelt, passionate, and beautiful. I was surprised to hear something not on the record. A nice change from the usual.

I prefer Lopez over Axe, but Watershed is my favorite Opeth album, and I'm not sure how Lopez would've sounded on that. Axe's style was a great fit for the new record.

Like somebody else said, my problem with Axe is that he fails to incorporate many of the nuances of Lopez's recordings when the band plays live. A lot of my favorite moments come from Lopez playing a beat, then switching it up for a couple of seconds, then going back to the original beat. Axe just plays the original beat most of the time, and when he doesn't, the attempt is somewhat pathetic half of the time.

But I'm basing this off The Roundhouse Tapes (the drumming on this recording is also kinda low in the mix, which doesn't help). It's entirely possible that in the year since then, Axe has been listening to and practicing old Opeth stuff. I'm sure he's gotten better at playing Lopez's material.

Peter's solo in "A Fair Judgement" is one of my favourite Opeth moments.

The one right after "a fair judgement is served"? I thought that was a Mike solo. Granted, the song is my least liked Opeth song, but I do dig the solo.

The one right after "a fair judgement is served"? I thought that was a Mike solo. Granted, the song is my least liked Opeth song, but I do dig the solo.

That's Mikes. Then after the heavy part kicks in, Mike plays the first half of the solo and then Peter plays the second part.

Deliverance is the first song I heard from Opeth, and the song that got me into metul. :D If I hadn't heard it, I wouldn't have gotten into metal overall, let alone be here. :p

And I loved Lopez's drumming style. It was brilliant and the song Deliverance showcased it perfectly imo.

Lopez played with an O-drummsound.
And Axe is still peforming Bloodbath or whatelse:). Sound is good, but less jazzz and experiments