New Tour Date, Production and other things...

Sathane

New Metal Member
May 31, 2002
Solihull, England
www.sathane.vze.com
Opeth - New Tour Date (possibly the first date on the March 2003 tour?)
Birmingham Academy 2 - 17th March 2003
No support yet confirmed. Tickets not yet on sale at venue, but can be pre-booked.

:D

Secondly, I’ve been reading a lot of posts on the 'poor' production on Deliverance. The production is NOT poor, just different.
Many people claim BWP to have the best production. This might be because it had the biggest budget so far for production. Therefore, better studio equipment was being used, giving a more improved overall sound. The mix has a wide sound to it, as there was a lot of MID-EQ, were as most extreme bands cut all MID-EQ (bad idea).
Opeth wanted Deliverance to be their heaviest album to date. The sound is focused on the LOW-EQ, with little MID-EQ - thus giving a 'poor' sounding production as this is what most new death metal bands like to do as they have about 10p for a budget, and no idea what the fuck EQ actually is. However, this was done on purpose, to give a heavy, raw sound.
So you all you retarded people saying the production is poor, go grab a book on Music Technology and Studio Recording. I regard Deliverance to have great production; it suits the style well, and really hits you in the face - which was the main objective.

Finally, my last thread on this board was giving my views on Deliverance. Lots of people gave me shit, as I pretty much proclaimed that from now on, Opeth would just keep churning out the same old shit with their magic song formula, and go on a downward spiral to utter crapness (like Metallica). However, the more I listen to Deliverance, I can see that Mikael was trying to do something different. Its one of those albums that you really have to listen to, to understand and enjoy, like Nihility by Decapitated.
I can only hope the Damnation will be new and fresh, but with some of the old Opeth style acoustic parts on.
Has anyone else noticed that when it comes to acoustics’ on BWP, there aren’t any playing two different melodies at the same time? This is the one part of Opeth that I really miss. :cry: