If the members of Opeth...

Kirkfjell

Sep 2, 2003
Brämhult, Sweden
Visit site
...swapped instruments!

This would be a splendid idea for the next writing/rehearsing/recording sessions to avoid making a “Ghost Reveries part II” and have some new creativity brewing…

Mikael Åkerfeldt – Since he’s already familiar with the bass from the recording of the My Arms, Your Hearse album, this would be the perfect spot for Mr. Åkerfeldt. And since he would no longer have to front Opeth, he could cuddle with his daughter and cats in between songs when playing live.

Peter Lindgren – Keyboards. He would be the one to fill Per’s shoes. Peter (almost) started taking singing lessons prior to the Damnation tour to be able to do backing vocals. He’ll just have to resume singing and constantly eat Filét Black and White to get himself acquainted with the keys. Pure magic.

Martin Mendez – Will take over the vocals/guitar role and front the band. He will also from now on be the main songwriter. I’m very much looking forward to hearing Mr. Mendez music aswell as reading what he’s capable of lyric-wise. Also, seeing him playing guitar and headbanging sideways WHILE singing live would be a treat. He would also take every chance to make fun of Mike in front of a live audience.

Per Wiberg – Drums. He would change drumming as we know it by playing them like a piano, tapping the drums with his fingers and literally kicking the bassdrums toes first while headbanging and moving the way he’s always done behind his keys. Hair and parts of his drumset guaranteed to come flying over frontrow-bangers watching Opeth perform.

Lopez/Axenrot – Lopez is back but Axenrot refuses to leave. The pair now fights on stage and in studio over guitar duties… Mendez, the respectful and understanding bandleader that he is, gives who ever loses the everyday fight a mask (Slipknot-style) and small drumset to back up the band with some percussion. Live it would be a truly enjoyable sight seeing the pair fight over the guitar and run from side to side on the stage playing percussion wearing a silly mask, desperately trying to add some questionable depth to Opeths music.

Well… now that I’m done, tell me your suggestions of new Opeth constellations or flame the fuck away!

Cheers!

Haha I know, I just posted shit thread because of Wreath's dark magic affecting me. But hey, even if I become famous because of the shittiest thread ever, I'm still famous :p

So when is Mikael's side project with 50 cent starting?

Opethian666 said:
Could you please forecast the killing of Bush and the giving of all your money to me?

The former is too obvious judging from his awkward 'popularity'. As for the latter, you wouldn't become much wealthier this way :rolleyes:

Change instruments?

A comment like that could only have come from a swede I thought after
I'd read this. Let me see... Yeah. I was right.

Just like Led Zeppelin - and many other bands - it's the band members that
make the band work. When LZ drummer, John Bonham, passed away there
was no Led Zeppelin.

I would rather DIE than hearing Per beating drums instead of Lopez
on a record. Even Axelrot would do better I believe. (No offence, Per.
God knows I love your work behind the keyboard!)

I can admit that it would be cool if Mendez got the opportunity to growl some,
but if not if it's no good :)

Well, 'nuff said. Peace.

in_absentia said:
i dunno. maybe it was the producer Jens Bogren, or the fact that they actually rehearsed this album before going into the studio... but its the worst album they made
:erk:

in_absentia said:
i dunno. maybe it was the producer Jens Bogren, or the fact that they actually rehearsed this album before going into the studio... but its the worst album they made
I wouldn't say it's their worst, as I can't say that for any of their albums. It's more like my "Least Favorite".