opeth action figures!

May 29, 2001
Tennessee
ok i was writing my reply to the 'let music for nations know what you think' thread or whatever, and i was making the point about how we crazy opeth fans would buy any random opeth related thing...

i got this crazy mental picture-and maybe someone has thought this before-but how cool would opeth action figures be!!?!?!? im thinking like G.I. Joe size ones! with instruments and shit and with special actions....like a headbanging martin (mendez) and mikael! and a peter and maritin (lopez) with interchangable pimp outfits or something! :lol:

appy polly loggies if this has been thought up before!! im not trying to steal your patent, i promise!
:p

:lol: Action figures? Would I buy one? I wouldn't be able to make fun of my friends Kiss dolls anymore, that's for sure! Those would be pretty funny, man. I'd laugh so hard if I ever saw the day. :lol:

Actually, I was on Pollstar today, and they sell an entire Metallica get-up - stage, band members playing instruments, etc. : pretty cool. Too bad it was Metallica.:err:

The Metallica toys are a scam, they put parts of the drum set in each one so you would have to buy every member to get the whole drum set......that is shitty.
I think and opeth pick guard or pick or drum sticks.....you know instrument related stuff would be neat.
jAY

Originally posted by leadfoot256
The Metallica toys are a scam, they put parts of the drum set in each one so you would have to buy every member to get the whole drum set......that is shitty.

Exactly how much money do these guys need? It pisses me off when a band is in music for the money but they try and come off as though they are in it for the music.

Seriously though... don't you think Opeth
"action" figures would be kind of "boring"?
I mean, Opeth are just normal guys
playing abnormal music...
They don't have a special image..
The music is everything... Pluss, as long
as it's not the real thing it sucks! >:eek:)
I want them alive, in my livingroom
playing at full volume!!

Originally posted by leadfoot256
It is from the movie A Clockwork Orange.....by the way if you have not seen it....check it out....read the book too
Aha! It's been on my list of to-see movies for a long time. Will do.

Nice 'stache comment, Demonspell. Always good to see that.

And I for one wouldn't mind...um...playing...with the martin dolls. Did I say that? :rolleyes: :lol:

I know who would win in an action figure duel between the members of Metallica and Opeth:

Mikael emitting a low rumbling growl, wielding his venerable guitar, smites Hetfield with a tremendous, progressive blow to the head...

...Mendez, not to be outdone, swings high with the glorious two- handed bass, mortally cleaving the helpless Newstead...

...Meanwhile, Martin Lopez is applying a shattering double kick to Ulrich, simultaneously hammering him into submission with a tasteful blast beat...

...Peter, maniacally smiling, squaring up to the hapless Hammett, grins as he delivers a rhythmic sequence of varying, but well orchestrated slashes...

...And the battle continues...

...until Opeth registers an epic and resounding victory over the forces of musical evil! As they walk into the distance to record the much anticipated double release, Opeth fans all the world can be heard cheering and rejoicing...

:eek: :cool:

Bring on the Opeth dolls! :loco:

hahaha!!
that sould have ben on the Celeb Death match thing :D

by the way, if McFarlane Toys would produce the Opeth dolls, i would get them at once! :D

awwww man... <pushes metallica toys and playset under bed>

The Mikael action figure would need a removable moustache.

:lol: You're all a bunch of comedians, ya know that don't ya... :lol:

Ahhh, A Clockwork Orange, (as a matter of fact, I'm listening to the old Ludwig van, wishing i was giving a certain someone the old in out; in out...). Maybe we should dedicate an entire thread to the movie? Also, I just saw Mulholland Drive...holy shit! It is very David Lynch. The only problem is that I don't know how to translate it. There is more than one way.