Opeth members side project - SARMATIA

dorian has it? wow i never knew.. lets ask him again to confirm.. hey dorian do you have it ?!!?!

and how is it? a nice little review would be appreciated :D

I can't believe some of our musical tastes overlap. How can you not like the (NOT NU-METAL) Viva Emptiness? The only thing I can figure out is that many of you long-time Katatonia fans don't like the evolution the band has taken (some would call it maturity).

VE is not a good album...it is a great album! Listen to it again, but this time, approach it as a fan of music and songwriting. I honestly can't wait for the next recording from these guys.

Bored said:
dorian has it? wow i never knew.. lets ask him again to confirm.. hey dorian do you have it ?!!?!

and how is it? a nice little review would be appreciated :D

Dorian has what?

i like viva emptiness, i think they've undergone a good progression...don't get me wrong, i like the old stuff, but its good they didn't allow themselves to stagnate

vivia emptiness i hated at first but then i grew into it.. and i saw them live too and that blew me the fuck away..

dorian i demand a review of that damn demo!

:D

"approach it as a fan of music and songwriting."

If I were to take it from a songwriting point of view, I might commit suicide after hearing such gems as "that fucker, it isn't like I owed him money" or "All I hear are fucking lies, don't give a shit" etc

He's truly very fucking right ...
\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

Risquit said:
I can't believe some of our musical tastes overlap. How can you not like the (NOT NU-METAL) Viva Emptiness? The only thing I can figure out is that many of you long-time Katatonia fans don't like the evolution the band has taken (some would call it maturity).

VE is not a good album...it is a great album! Listen to it again, but this time, approach it as a fan of music and songwriting. I honestly can't wait for the next recording from these guys.

Hmm.. this demo is dated 1994, while I thought Martins were still in Uruguay and part of Requiem Aeternam at that time... fascinating.

I wish I finally heard the whole story as opposed to bits and pieces.... :loco: