You know you like Opeth too much when...

Originally posted by blakmetalemp
Dave Grohl is a death metal fan.

I didn't know that. I knew he was a huge Voivod fan though. I wonder what he thinks of Opeth ... perhaps he is on this forum right now ...

Originally posted by Mantraschism

When, when on a trip, you'll go out of your way to drive through a moor. When you reach the moor, you accelerate to absurdly fast speeds, and then scream, 'Passing swiftly through the moor!'

That really made me laugh when I read that before bed. The funny thing is, on a bus I often take towards Newcastle, I pass through many villages with "Moor" being a part of their name ("name of village" Moor). I've listened to "Still Life" a number of times during the bus trips and thought about that. :) "Still Life" is great for early morning bus trips...passing swiftly through the moor(s). :p

i remember this thread.

-when you can remember the last "You know you like Opeth too much when..." thread you came across

-when you still have that damn amaranth symbol

-when you post exactly the same post on the "You know you like Opeth too much when..." thread as you did on the last "You know you like Opeth too much when..." thread

Originally posted by Furious B
Could you elaborate on this, please? :confused:

After one of the many Foo Fighters gigs I went to during their last tour, I spoke to Dave and gave him a copy of "Still Life", which was only available on import at the time. Don't know what he thought of it because I haven't spoken to him since. I see them on Sunday, but I don't count on speaking with him, and even if I do, it's been two years and I doubt he'd remember. I reckon many people give him albums to listen to. He definitely won't remember me, at least. (although that night he did remember me from a time I talked with him after one of the gigs a few months before, so...)

As our Peter said to me when I talked with him for a minute after the London gig (more than a year after the last time I talked with him), "I remember your face". :confused: (i hope that's not a bad thing.) :s

Originally posted by MountainDweller
After one of the many Foo Fighters gigs I went to during their last tour, I spoke to Dave and gave him a copy of "Still Life", which was only available on import at the time. Don't know what he thought of it because I haven't spoken to him since. I see them on Sunday, but I don't count on speaking with him, and even if I do, it's been two years and I doubt he'd remember. I reckon many people give him albums to listen to. He definitely won't remember me, at least. (although that night he did remember me from a time I talked with him after one of the gigs a few months before, so...)

As our Peter said to me when I talked with him for a minute after the London gig (more than a year after the last time I talked with him), "I remember your face". :confused: (i hope that's not a bad thing.) :s

That's awesome. I've only seen them once with the RHCP and it was nose bleed seats. :mad: So is he as cool as he seems to be?

Originally posted by Furious B
So is he as cool as he seems to be?

He's awesome. When you talk with him, you don't feel like you're talking with a famous musician, but someone you know.

And Peter...he's awesome, too. We talked for something like 30 minutes after one of the gigs last year, and his response to me saying I should get going was "oh, you're leaving?" (although he was probably really thinking "thank god!"). :lol:

-You listen to other death metal and wait for soft singing and acoustics

Minder, I used to do that. I made a whole theme dedicated to Orchid. I had the Forest of October intro for the Windows startup.

Originally posted by Sadistik
you know you like Opeth too much when sex doesn't compare to the 3 note descending harmony in Godhead's lament.

Perhaps you're not doing it right.

-you know you like opeth too much when you search for a girl named "melinda" in real life and think she's the best and the one!

-you know you like opeth too much when you create an email account or even a password with any opeth song name or word phrase of the songs!

-you know you like opeth too much when you print their photos, put in you room's wall

-you know you like opeth too much when you wrote an email to mikael akereldt mail, even if he never will answer you!

-you know you like opeth too much when you write a letter to a girl with some opeth paragraph (example: black rose immortal or Nectar )

-when you plan to put "mikael" to your first or next son!

-you know you like opeth too much when you translate their songs to your mother tongue and realize than doesnt sound fine
as english ( im a spanish speaker and songs doesnt sound fine in spanish ) better to appreciate art in its original form!

-you know you like opeth too much when you turn cd on sing the songs and think that you sing as well as mikael!

Is it just me or do I name my worms dictator names?

Like A. Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Musollini, Franco, bin Laden?

Oh, and my crap worm (the one who takes all the shit) is called Bush:D

-You name your favorite bathrobe "Twilight".

-You punch complete strangers in the face if you overhear them saying a 7 minute song is "too long".

-You really want to jump on an enemy from a balcony (or maybe a 2nd story window) shouting "I engulf the skies!".

-You plan on coming back to torment your girlfriend as a ghost if you die before she does.

-You tell people "enough of this, you will leave me now" when they are irritating you.