June 29, 2003 - Istanbul, Turkey Rock the Nations Fest Appearence Review

so can anyone explain why the show was too short? okay they've lost their equipments but they were playing pretty good.In the official website of the festival it was written that opeth and kreator were going to be on stage for 1.5 hours. opeth took place 50 minutes. the performance was good but we are not satisfied at all.

you are not satisfied at all? you will be damned and burned in hell!

but seriously, it again was a fuck up with the organization. they told us that Opeth will play for 1,5 hour, they told Opeth that they will play 1,5 hour, but as Mike told me again the organization told them right before their set to left the stage in 1 hour... it is a shame, but we cant do anything against it. oh well, at least I had more time with them in backstage. :loco:

GKnight56 said:
So they had a metal festival in Turkey? Wow, that's a surprise. I thought in Muslim countries this kind of music is outlawed or something.

-GK

I thought, Catholic girls supposed to be virgin till they get married!
I thought, Christians supposed to attend service every Sunday!
I thought, just like they don't sell alcohol on Sundays, Christians supposed to not drink on Sundays.
I thought there would not be any anti-christ bands in Christian countries.

FYI:
- State Laws are seperated from religious laws inTurkey.
- Turkey has given women right to vote before USA given right to vote african americans an women.
- It is illegal to marry more than one wife in Turkey.
In short Turkey is as religious as US.
One difference is topless sunbathing is allowed in Turkey. :D

I found some pictures of Opeth performing in Istanbul on the net and I will post them as teasers...
Türk arkadaşlar için söylüyorum bağlantıdaki alan ismine çok dikkat:
Getting ready for the show...
100_0600.JPG

Peter, Mike and Martin M.
100_0604.JPG
100_0609.JPG

100_0615.JPG

100_0618.JPG

Mike
100_0628.JPG

Peter and Mike
100_0635.JPG

Mike signing autographs...
100_0662.JPG

@ commandante :
abi bize sen mi getircektin ephel duath cdlerini? bütün gece seni aradık..carcass tişörtlü kim gördüysek sorduk

ayrıca bu fotoğrafları kim çektiyse helal olsun.. biz sokamadık bizim makineyi..ayrıca çektiği host da manyakmış ha:)

ben de sizi bulamadım abi, ama beni bulamamanız normaldi... bütün konser boyu en öndeydim... ondan sonra da Opeth'in köpeği olmakla meşguldüm backstage'in orada...

neyse bi şekilde alıcaz o cdleri..
bu da benim çektiklerimden biri.zöylediim gibi fot. makinesini sokamadım ama cep telefonuyla da epeyce çektim...şu an bi tanesini mailime atabildim...bunu çektiğimde mike yalnızdı.."hey mike pose to me" dedim. o da böyle bişe yaptı...öpücükler.:)
mikeposing.jpg

Valla genizahla acı çektik.Ne güzel fotolar çekecekti genizah.Sadece bir tane Um ci bulabildik.Konser de kısa sürdü.Ama olsun mikaelle petere sarıldım ya o yeter bana.Commandante ephel duath ı kargoyla gönderebilir misin?Rephormula adlı albümlerini dinledim ve merak içindeyim.

kargo işi beni aşar...
albümün rephormula ile uzaktan yakından bir alakası yok bu arada...

Kargo masrafları bana ait olacak sen sadece vereceksin mümkünse.Ama uğraşamam diyorsan istanbula gelince alırım.
Dinlediğim şarkıları itibariyle rephormula dan farklı olduklarını biliyorum yeni albümde.BEn sadece bir temelleri olmadan çıktıklarını sanmıştım.FAkat rephormula biraz sıkıcı olabilir ama sağlam bir albümmüş.

Hello guys, after 1,5 year break i decided to post a message about fest. Opeth was fucking great!!! Especially Mikael kicked ass, they promised a damnation tour now i'm waiting it...

@Overkiller: olm noldu girebildinmi sen?
bu arada ben marduk tshirtu giyiyodum sanırım giyen tek kişide bendim:)