I will just write down the setlist for now:

1.Godhead's Lament
2.The Drapery Falls
3.Deliverance
4.A Fair Judgement
5.Demon of the Fall

A review is soon to follow including:

- photos and videos of the band performing on stage

- short, but right-to-the-point interview with Mikael Akerfeldt(feat. Q&A about his haircut :tickled:, European Damnation Tour, his appearance on Crimson II, future projects)

- ultra-short, not so right-to-the-point semi-interview with Martin Mendez(feat. Q&A about his "shitty" old band, smoking, BLACK METAL :devil: and DIO)

- scans of the signed festival poster with the setlist

dude, just dont hope for good sound quality or anything... its not a bootleg, for the heads up...

haha i don't really care about quality.. i just want to see some pics and a video. i just want to see how it was look like in Istanbul. the crowd, stage and other stuff. :)

Here come the interviews, because of high-demand :tickled:, full review and multimedia still to follow:

btw. v is me. m is mike. mm is martin mendez.
the one with Mikael Akerfeldt:

v: hey, how was the show? did you guys enjoyed yourselves on the
stage?

m: yeah, it was great.

v: so you will come back for the European Damnation tour?

m: yeah, absolutely.

v: now talking about the European Damnation tour, will Porcupine Tree join you again, like they did on the N.American leg?

m: I don't now about the details yet, but I surely will try to arrange that.

v:will you cut your hair? :D I am joking, I saw your reply to the haircut thread on the Opeth board... You know that:"I am watching you guys!" It was pure genious, man... It really is...

m:*laughing loudly*yeah, it is.

v: will you appear on Crimson II as a guest?

m: no, dan didnt asked me.

v: one last question concerning your future projects, are you really thinking of making a Black Metal album with Opeth?
*Mendez was standing next to us, when me and Mike was talking, he started to grin as soon as he heard the word black metal*
you know that 2 30-min songs thing?

m: maybe, its possible, we are thinking about that.

v: It was a pleasure and honor to meet you and see you perform on stage.*hugs*

m: thank you.

Mendez:

v: is it possible to find the recordings of your old band? (meaning Requiem Aeternam)

mm: no, its not possible, but you wouldnt want to hear them anyway. they are shitty. *laughing*

v: [asslicking mode on]I don't think anything you played on is shitty.[asslicking mode off]

mm: but this one is.*still laughing*

v: did you record a full album with them?

mm: just demos, just demos.

v: how was it possible for you to join Opeth? I mean its incredible 2 Uruguayans performing in a Swedish band. When did you decide to move to Sweden?

mm: these guys called me.*meaning Peter and Mike* I moved to Sweden, when I joined Opeth.

mm: is it easy to find hash here? (damn I though I was asking the questions :D)

v: no, it's not easy man. they dont sell it everywhere and even when they sell it they sell it in very small portions, not for smoking.
but my mother cooks great things of it.*laughing*

mm: I heard hash was great in Turkey, so I wanted to try it.

mm: so did you enjoy our show today?

v: but, of course... it was great. what about you, did you enjoyed yourselves?

mm: yeah, it was cool... but shitty amps, shitty pedals... (Opeth's plane was fucked up as Mike told us on stage, so they didnt have their regular equipment)

v: it's absolutely not important, we have the songs on our minds anyway, we came here to see you perform.

mm: cool

v: so you will come back for Damnation tour? *grinning*

mm: yeah, we will.

v: what kind of music do you listen to nowadays?

mm: all kinds of it, jazz mainly.

v: do you still listen to black metal?

mm: oh yeah!

v: whats your favourite BM band?

mm: it's Dissection.

v: you know, they will have a new album out next year.

mm: yeah, I know that.

mm: so whats your fav. BM band?

v: its Emperor.

mm: yeah man, I really enjoy the keys on their second album *implying the legendary Anthems to the Welkin at dusk*
its the best black metal album.

v: I think your bassplaying on Damnation was best so far, I mean more in front, you can hear it better.

mm: yeah, I agree.

mm: so, do you like Dio? (We were watching Dio, when we had this conversation, I still can't believe it,,... I was sitting with Opeth behind the soundboard watching legendary Dio, talking with Mike and Mendez

v: I am not familiar with his material, unfortunately. I just heard Holy Diver so far.

mm: yeah, me too.

v: but you know, he's a legend, I have a lot of respect for him.

mm: yeah man.
(Dio finished his set right after this, Peter said something Swedish to Mendez)

mm: sorry man we gotta go.

v: it was a pleasure to meet you.*shakes hands with Peter and Mendez*

mm&peter: thanks.

Ya ben arkadaşla gelmiştim nasıl salaklık edip kalmadık opeth ten sonra. elemanlarla tanışamadık yaa. Neyse kısmetse damnation turunda inşallah.

Hey man, cool interview! Good stuff. If I'd met the guys, I'd be totally lost as to what questions to ask...

So they had a metal festival in Turkey? Wow, that's a surprise. I thought in Muslim countries this kind of music is outlawed or something.

commandante said:
v: how was it possible for you to join Opeth? I mean its incredible 2 Uruguayans performing in a Swedish band. When did you decide to move to Sweden?

So the Martins are from Uruguay? I thought they were from Spain, don't know why... I just thought they were Europeans. How the hell did they end up in Opeth, anyway? I'm also curious, did they learn Swedish? Do they speak Swedish with M and P?

commandante said:
mm: yeah, it was cool... but shitty amps, shitty pedals... (Opeth's plane was fucked up as Mike told us on stage, so they didnt have their regular equipment)

What the hell was that all about?? Did they at least have their guitars with them, or did they have to borrow them? That would be pretty funny. :D

-GK

GKnight56 said:
So they had a metal festival in Turkey? Wow, that's a surprise. I thought in Muslim countries this kind of music is outlawed or something.

ROFLMAO

Hello my ignorant friend, first of all , Turkey isn't a muslim country. Just majority of the people are Muslim ( %99 percent i think) .
And second, you just have to go do more research and stuff. So you can understand why i said ROFLMAO at your comment. heh..

gknight: yeah, they are from Uruguay and yes again they are talking swedish with their bandmates.
mike told on stage that their plane was fucked up or something so they only had their guitars(2 PRSs and Martin's Fender bass) with them, but not their other stuff.

commandante said:
gknight: yeah, they are from Uruguay and yes again they are talking swedish with their bandmates.
mike told on stage that their plane was fucked up or something so they only had their guitars(2 PRSs and Martin's Fender bass) with them, but not their other stuff.
Its the Milwaukee Metal Fest all over again. :p