02.05.2006 · MORE FESTIVAL APPEARANCES, MYSPACE-PAGE, NEW MERCHANDISE!

Marlies

veteran headbanger \m/
Jan 3, 2002
Regina, SK, Canada
www.wobben.org
Hi Brainiacs,

time for a bigger update now to hook you up with the latest news fromthe Brainstorm camp before we bring the monster back on the road.
First off, let's start with some news on the live front: We are very proud to announce some more live dates for 2006. Brainstorm will play the Metal Dayz in Pratteln, Switzerland on August 5th, the Deichbrand Festival in Cuxhafen on August 18th and an exclusive clubshow in the Matrix in Bochum, Germany on the 29th of December. There's a lot more up and coming as we're still in the booking phase so this is not the final schedule yet... but these are the dates that should already be painted red in your timing schedules:

BRAINSTORM FESTIVAL DOMINATION LIVE 2006

10.03.06 Atarfe Vega Rock, Atarfe-Granada (E)
05.05.06 Metal For Fairness Festival, Vienna (A)
19.05.06 Sägfestival, Greding (D)
27.05.06 Eternity Of Rock, Lichtenberg (I)
03.06.06 Rock Hard Festival, Amphitheater, Gelsenkirchen (D)
16.06.06 Rock Am Härtsfeldsee, Dischingen (D)
01.07.06 Basin Fire Fest, Spalené Porici (CZ)
15.07.06 Römerstein Open Air, Römerstein/Ulm (D)
22.07.06 Earthshaker Fest, Kreuth (D)
05.08.06 Metal Dayz, Pratteln (CH) (NEW)
18.08.06 Deichbrand Festival, Cuxhaven (D) (NEW)
19.08.06 Ragnarock Open Air, Oslo (N)
30.09.06 Bloodstock 06 UK Metalfest, Derby (UK)
29.12.06 Matrix, Bochum (D) (NEW)

The month of May not only marks the (delayed due to the 'long cold winter' this year) beginning of the motorbike season which Milan, Dieter and myself have really been looking forward to, it also marks the real beginning of the festival season. We had an amazing 2006 kick off in Spain at the Atarfe Vega Rock in Atarfe and right now Brainstorm is ready for the first roll of festivals the next coming days, weeks and months. Expect some surprises in the setlist, we dug through the live-catalog over the winter a little and some tracks will scratch the surface that haven't been played in a long time or even have not been played live before.

We will also have new merchandise with us on the festivals and we think the new merch really rocks (as did the old, of course!). Check the pictures on our merch page and don't miss it when you visit the shows. The next thing I want to share with you is our brandnew MySpace page. Yes, we (well, better, our mighty webmaster!) finally made it. Please check out Brainstorm on www.myspace.com/officialbrainstorm, share some magic moments with us and become part of the Brainstorm MySpace family.

You think that's it? Not at all. We have also set up individual emails for each of the Brainstorm guys so you can ask Dieter, Milan, Andy, Andreas and myself directly what you ever wanted to ask but did not have the heart to do so before ;-)) Ok, I see you got the point. Please check the band page or contact page for details.

Next coming up on brainstorm-web.net TV, your personal Brainstorm forecast: we will headline 3 festivals the next weeks, starting this upcoming Friday in Vienna, Austria on the Metal For Fairness Festival Festival, followed by the Sägfestival in Greding, Germany and the Eternity Of Rock Festival nearby Prad, Italy. Really look forward to seeing all of you Brainiacs again. Knead your necks - into the pit!
Ok, now that's it for the moment. Stay tuned, there are some very interesting things to come!

Start the engines ladies and gentlemen, rock hard - ride free and god bless you all!

Todde & Brainstorm

Marlies said:
Expect some surprises in the setlist, we dug through the live-catalog over the winter a little and some tracks will scratch the surface that haven't been played in a long time or even have not been played live before.

Weakness sows its seed
Holy war
Don´t stop believing

:worship:notworthy:worship:

Would kick ass :headbang: :)

regards
Sebastian

Gaunerin said:
Sebastian, any chance to see you at RHF??
im sorry the answer is no :erk:

No one but me could care about the so often mentioned zoo. And i would have to stay for at least two days to see Brainstorm & Mercenary. Its really better (date, price) to go to Greding.

Anyway i am at the final exam time of my apprenticeship, just done the theoretical part (Fachquali, Kernquali, WiSo) today and i´m glad it all went quite well. Now the practical part (Projekt/Fachgespräch) will follow begin/mid of June and i´m lucky to have some holiday now to relax for the stressful time then.

Maybe next year, but i can´t promise it now :cool:

I´m sure that theres some other gigs we could meet at.

regards
Sebastian

sj said:
I´m sure that theres some other gigs we could meet at.

You mean like in the last....hm.......3 years? :p Or for how long are we hanging around the BS forums?
Speaking of.....Flo, are you reading this?? You're not coming either I guess?

Anyway, good luck with your exam! Are you going to continue to work for your company after you're done?

Gaunerin said:
You mean like in the last....hm.......3 years? :p Or for how long are we hanging around the BS forums?
Yeah its 3 Years now, but you probably know i just turned 18 last year and i didn´t have any possibility to go to gigs more than ~30km away. It just went strange this year it, i´d really like to see the RHF, but Greding is also good. Lets wait for next year or later festivals/shows this year.

Gaunerin said:
Anyway, good luck with your exam! Are you going to continue to work for your company after you're done?
Yeah thanks. I don´t think they will employ me furthermore, i think you can guess which company it is when i say they plan to reduce the number of employees by 32000 in the next years. I already got a place at school ("fallback option" :)) so i could do my a-level on the second way of education to study something... still not sure :rolleyes:

regards
Sebastian

Gaunerin said:
How was the festival last night?
Go read the Mercenary Board :D (2nd Post in the Thread)

If you want to know about my damn fucking long journey follow the link above, don´t want to tell it again.

After Ektomorf did not excite me (cool music if i´m drunk, but not really my taste when i´m sane) Brainstorm entered the Stage with the beautiful noise you probably know. Afair they started with Worlds are comin through and did Blind suffering after that. Great sound. Better than Mercenarys which i think is really sad, they would have deserved a greater audience and a much better sound! The Setlist was mainly the default one, they already played on the liquid monster tour. But i was a bit disappointed they only covered the last 3 Albums and didn´t play anything from Ambiguity or Unholy (i actually can´t remember they did, so correct me if i forgot a song). The announced "never live played songs" which i thought to be "not live played songs for a long time" where Invisible Enemy (not my favourite though), which was a bit slow and Painside (<- thats my favourite on LM) which rocked! seriously! I was not in front of the stage this time, because i made the experience of having pain in the back and a tired voice the next days after the gig. I enjoyed the gig from 15m distance to the stage, so i had a nice overview.

I`m wondering how many drum sticks dieter needs for one gig, he threw about 5 or 6 into the audience, actually into the audience direction, it was not wide enough :D.

The festival itself was not as well organised as i expected it to be. At first they should have posted the driving directions from the motorway Exit to the festival on their homepage. The Signs they used were a bit small so it was hard to see them. Actually we followed the directions map&guide gave us, which was a damn mistake and thats the second one: they warned of radar traps, which we didn´t see, they also could have warned about the raod holes on the road to Obermässig (still hoping my car has no damages, okay not really their fault, but they could have mentioned it). Third one is: there were some people really drunk in the festival tent. One guy, not full aged i guess, was so drunk, he couldnt stand still for a moment and fell down like every 2 meters. A good security would have led the guy to the exit.

The Prices were okay, the beer too, much space for camping and parking. Nice Friday evening after all, but i will not make this again for 2 bands i think. I underrated the journey too much!

regards
Sebastian

Hehe...thanks for your reports. You obviously did quite a trip. Never done something like this without a place to sleep over at. But is cool your dad went with you :headbang:

Gaunerin said:
But is cool your dad went with you :headbang:

He also went with me the last two Brainstorm Gigs. He is a big Brainstorm + Mercenary fan for about 1 1/2 years now, so i didn´t take me much time to convince him :)