10 Subgenres of Metal in Cover of "Gummi Bear Song"

locustreign

Mar 28, 2006
Orange County, CA

It looks like the "Gummi Bear Song" is a bit more popular in Europe than it is here in the US, but I worked up a cover/remix of the song with a friend in Slovenia.

Drums were premixed and sent as a stereo file, so I didn't have much control of that but any comments/critiques of the overall mix and guitar/bass/slap bass/wobble bass/glitched out vocal sample would be greatly appreciated.

For those who are curious, guitars were a Carvin SC90 into Pod Farm 2, bass was Dan Dean samples triggered in the Reason NNXT, and everything was mixed and mastered in Cubase 6.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
When I heard the raw drums for "section"/genre 8 I knew I had to do something funky with it. The slap/funk bass was pretty easy to work out, but figuring out a suitable wah wah part was tough. I ended up using a darker sound with a pretty prominent phase to cover things up...it's no "Shaft" funk guitar but I suppose it keeps the focus on the epic slap bass, haha.

I'm glad I managed to confuse/entertain a few of you. The comments are again greatly appreciated!

God this gets irriating haha!

Digging it though, nice playing and variations. I thought the guitars were a bit too dark though, and I'd have prefered them a bit higher in volume. Nice job overall.

I'm going to take irritating as a compliment!

Previously I thought I could get away with not changing guitar strings by using brighter eq on the amp sim. I've since learned better, haha.