10 years ago today the world lost Dimebag.

Social Distortion

The Voice of Reason
Sep 10, 2004
Lahti Rock City, Finland
10 years ago I lost Dimebag.
10 years ago WE ALL lost Dimebag.

Time flies too fast.

I never even saw Dimebag play live and I loved that man more than anybody in metal. I still do. The brother I never met is tattooed on my arm forever and I fucking hate the 8th of December. That is all.

It's time to raise a toast in his honor once again. Cheers, my internet pals!

- SD

dimebag31.jpg

10 years. Seems like yesterday that I was driving to work and heard about this on the radio. It didn't really seem real at the time. RIP Dime.

10 years ago tonight I was at a strip club with a buddy of mine, I got a text message from a friend who knew I was a huge Pantera fan. Me and my buddy had quite a few black tooth grins at the club that night.

Heaven has one hell of a metal band.

Wasn't there someone from the forum here that was there or was in town when it happened ?

Deege was the eye witness to it.

I still remember the day I read it on the internet and thought it was some kind of mistake, prank or whatever. Have been holding the Dimebag Darrell Memorial in Prague since then.

Lucky enough to met dime at a guitar convention many years ago,got my Jackson guitar signed by him,I was literally a few feet away from him b4 he started signing session and he had and energy that was hard to describe it was like a wave crashing,saw panthers 3 times so I count myself pretty damn lucky;)

I never got to meet him but I did see them live twice, the second time being the final show on the RTS tour. Could this have been the last Pantera show ever? It was at the Hard Rock Live in Orlando.