10 years for Chinese Democracy : a challenger appears

Nerve

Record Collector
Aug 1, 2006
The Great Cold Distance
"Finland's extreme power metal outfit Wintersun have canceled all scheduled shows in 2009 due to further problems with the completion of their album "Time". The band's frontman Jari Mäenpää posted the following message on the band's official website:

"There has come again unexpected problems with technology, which will make finishing the "Time" album even more harder than it has been. Which will delay it even more. There's also some personal problems concerning my apartment.

Because of all the problems, I have fallen under a serious amounts of stress, which is sometimes causing me "writer's blocks". This album making is now turned into such a "risky business", that I have no [choice], but to cancel Summerbreeze and Bloodstock.

The thing is, the album has to be done first, before we can play any shows. Playing just old songs after many years isn't something we want to do and what probably no one wants to see.

After the album has been mixed, I need to mix again a "backuptrack livemix" (of the synths&orchestrations). Then we have to of course practise the new songs and arrange them into "live format" (especially mine and Teemu's guitar parts). We also need to update our humble live gear.

All these arrangements take time, so we don't want to risk it, that we might have to cancel the shows last minute. It must be done now and put finishing the album the number one priority. After the album is done, we will start booking shows again.

I know there's lots of disappointed people and I have to apologize. But I hope that you..ll understand my decision under these circumstances. I have to put the album first and finish it before we play any shows. Thanks for listening!

Jari"

wintermadness.net

Would also like to compare said bank accounts... how much did CD cost again?

Fuck sake, that's twice now that I've bought tickets to see Wintersun and they've cancelled. *sad face*

THIS is why I think the people blabbing about how "OMG TIME IS GOING TO BE FUCKIN BEST ALBUM OF THE FUCKING CENTURY!!!1111111111oneone fuck you!" are stupid.

THIS is why I think the people blabbing about how "OMG TIME IS GOING TO BE FUCKIN BEST ALBUM OF THE FUCKING CENTURY!!!1111111111oneone fuck you!" are stupid.

What the fuck? Maybe if you would take a few seconds to think logically, you'd realise that simply because the album has hit some delays, that doesn't effect the music.

yeah they are wrong because it wont even come out this century, jari will finally finish it and will be walking to the mailbox to mail it to Nuclear Blast and then as hes about to drop it in the mailbox a giant gas truck will drive off the road smashing jari to bits and then exploding and melting all remains of the "Time" master copy.

stay out of your dad's whiskey
yeah they are wrong because it wont even come out this century, jari will finally finish it and will be walking to the mailbox to mail it to Nuclear Blast and then as hes about to drop it in the mailbox a giant gas truck will drive off the road smashing jari to bits and then exploding and melting all remains of the "Time" master copy.

:lol:

What the fuck? Maybe if you would take a few seconds to think logically, you'd realise that simply because the album has hit some delays, that doesn't effect the music.
Wrong dude.

No, actually you're somehow right. The only thing is, spending years working on an album doesn't make it perfect.

So delaying it makes it better? Fuck's sake, just the thought of all these reasons why he hasn't finished is baffling to me. I just think people are too fast on jumping on the bandwagon of "TIME IS GOING TO KILL ALL METAL HATERS AND TURN THEM TO HAM"

stay out of your dad's whiskey

:cry::err: