100 best songs of all time, newspaper article

Originally posted by Pyrus
Any list compiled by a critic sucks dick.

as a general rule, you're right. as the immortal David Lee Roth once said, "Most music critics love Elvis Costello because they all look like him.":lol:

despite the almost glaring lack of metal (although, of course, we're all looking at it from the perspective of metal fans), there are some all time classics on there, like Papa was a Rolling Stone, etc....

but by and large they create these lists for goofy reasons and with goofy agendas. if I had the time maybe I would start an all metal top 100 songs list...hmmmm...but then you all would be on me like rabid wolves, "what the fuck??? where is pantera? Lizard you bleeding asshole, where is fucking Cathedral ?":p

there is one critic for sure out there always worth reading if you don't always agree, Martin Popoff, he is a writer on brave words and bloody knuckles, and he wrote a book called the Collectors Guide to Heavy Metal, which is pretty cool. He gives high marks to Nevermore.
http:\\www.martinpopoff.com

Well, to be honest Rebirth,
I DO love my job!!
There are very cool things about it, only not during november and december..then i start to stress out because of all the work there has to be done, to get prepared for the holidays!
Costumers can become very aggressive then, but heh..they don't know me, so i don't blame them..hihi ;)
Ok, i am not passionated about my job, i would prefer other things then. It doesn't pay very well, not at all, but the company i work for, has enough "room" to breath in, so i can come up with suggestions, like i recently did.
That way, i can earn more money, if i want to have that occupation..but like i said, i created a step along a stair...and i like that idea. If they think i have the skills (and i know i do) they have to ask me to take the job...i won't push myself up front.
And they will pay me for it, whaha...
But to satisfy you, :p there are a lot of other things i don't like about my job but the fact that it doesn't pay me good enough to live on my own, yet..(i'm gonna live at a friends place as soon as i organised the chaos i'm in) i still keep working for this company..
If i had to become a social worker again? I think i would have a burn-out within a year! But maybe i'm scared for the unknown, so i'll stay put at the safety point..untill it's time to take a turn towards different destinations..

xxx Iris xxx

When I grow up I'm gonna be a metal pimp. Dealing only in the best looking chicks the metal underground scene has to offer.
And the business is gonna be successful as fuck cause noone else has thought about being a metal pimp. Just think about it... Lots of metalheads only want women for their bodies, there's definetely lots of money in it. With which I'm gonna fund my own revolutionary organization aiming to destroy global corporate capitalism enforced by the World Trade Organization and the International Monetary Fund.
Yeah, I've got it all planned out.
Pimping for la liberacion!

What if dreams are really immortal?
How come we don't see them anymore?
Are we burning bridges,
are we going straight to hell?
This path i'm on, won't reveal it's secret
am i a non-believer?
How long shall i be stuck in my own shell?

A light appeared, although it's not shining bright
Still, it doesn't blind me
and yet
it doesn't make me see
I only know that it's hiding
and will shine on me, in- visibility
whenever it's time to be

I am my own enemy
swimming against my own flow
this uncertainty, i will not be
I'm letting go
to the spirit that makes me grow