154 musicians pick the best albums of the year

Dying felt so goddamn good today
If I was ever alive well it's hard to say
It was kissing my eyelids and burning my face away
Dying felt so goddamn good today

You react to that one??
Although not my favourites, i can definetly think of worse bands than my chemichal romance..
like this one:

Anneke van Giersbergen (The Gathering)
* Justin Timberlake – Future Sex/Lovesound

now we know there is a band called "house of shakira". lol

it seems many people have picked slayer - christ illusion, trivium - the crusade, the haunted - the dead eye and foo fighters - skin and bones as the best albums of the year. none of them really impressed me that much.

haha michael kiske picked two classical recordings.

Great list. Actually Anders helped Celtic Frost beating Iron Maiden. It sounds scaring, but it seems like Celtic Frost got more votes than Iron Maiden and Tool. Only Slayer topped Celtic Frost, I guess. Does anybody have an exact count?

watain has to be the biggest geeks of 20th century music all together

You have no idea what or who's behind Watain and why E. choosed the latest Dissection-album on every place. To be a music-lover is not always enough, there's always a concept or persuasion behind it or at least there should be.

it's just ridicilous, even if it is a tribute. to honour jon is one thing, but that just comes across as stupid

You do know, that he was a part of the last line up of Dissection (altough as session), he also appeared on the Reinkaos and was in close contact with Jon?

What comes to Watain, they're great on the records, but not even close to the appearance they have when they're playing live.

Personally, I think Reinkaos was awesome, the best of '06 and NOT because Jon made the ultimate move.

Yes, I do know that. I just think it should be an objective voicing of what your favourite records are. I have no problem voicing both positive and negative opinions about Jon and Dissection's music and separating it from the personal tragedy that is his death. I thought Reinkaos was a big disappointment, almost humorously bad

->>> CONGRATULATIONS FOR THAT!

Katatonia got 6 mentions, I've just counted it myself. Honestly, I wouldn't ever expect that. Could you expect that Blakkheim? The album is fantastic, but wow, there's no big promotion to it, nor anything like that. I feel very proud with Katatonia receiving such a great number of votes (more than Trivium and In Flames - don't like the first and don't like the recent works of the second one, but both bands are big and there's kind of a hype on them).

It's Katatonia time. I know that's maybe not what you want, but after seeing this article, I can imagine what you would do with the huge brainwashing promotion that Slayer or In Flames, for instance, have. You would make it pretty big. 6 votes without a bigger promotion, overcoming In Flames and Trivium in a poll with such renowned musicians. That's quite an achievement.:headbang: :headbang: :worship: