16 old years chinese girl playing Paganini´s crapice

Luis said:
Well said bro. Talent + Practicing for hours and hours = Virtuoso

But, at what cost? Don't take this wrong, because I think she's amazing, but spending your entire childhood and teen years in the bedroom with your axe is hardly productive. Sure, it's productive in a musical sense, but music isn't everything; a social life is crucial growing up.

I just hope she actually has one already, or obtains the communication skills she needs very soon.

Either way, she's very impressive.

If this is the video I'm thinking of (I'll check it out later), its not actually a young girl. Last I heard, she is actually a professional adult musician.

The Yngster said:
Everyone knows asains are forced to learn instruments at a young age
Want to call her "bedrrom shredder"? Ok, nothing wrong with that. Just like any other one from any country. To say that she is "forced" to do it it's just your interpretation, not based on any fact given by that video.

What can I say? It sounds like racist prejudice to me. That makes me mad, sorry. Give me some proof of that (the internet is big) to make me change my mind. Arguments instead of myths.

L. Knight said:
Want to call her "bedrrom shredder"? Ok, nothing wrong with that. Just like any other one from any country. To say that she is "forced" to do it it's just your interpretation, not based on any fact given by that video.

What can I say? It sounds like racist prejudice to me. That makes me mad, sorry. Give me some proof of that (the internet is big) to make me change my mind. Arguments instead of myths.

No, it's true, the orientals commonly put child musicians through an extremely rigorous method of classical study. Why do you think places like China and Japan turn out so many freaking fantastic young classical musicians?

they turn out so many freaking fantastic young classical musicians because they're also completely overpopulated. yes, they have strict education practices when it comes to anything, but asians are not "forced to learn instruments at a young age." in certain asian cultures, it might seem like that, but the way some people put it, it's just a complete stereotype. if they notice a child to be a "prodigy" then rigorous training starts. my mom (who is asian) was never forced to do anything other than finish school and university. they take pride in any sort of education.

sorry, but "forced" is the wrong word.

Hey L. Knight, I was jokin around, didn't know young asain virtuosos was a touchy subject for you. Im well aware that not ALL young asains are forced to play instruments, only most of them

It's really impressive, especially the right-hand-technique
but @Luis : MJR would play this a lot faster and he even played a bit from paganini in his video.

Luis said:
Untrue¡¡¡

In the video he plays a 20 seconds of a caprice (I dont remember which one) but id like to see him playing this one (24) with an acoustic guitar.

Yeah, you really can't compare playing this stuff on an electric guitar to playing classical guitar arrangements of it on a classical guitar.

Btw, it just occured to me that it says crapice in the title of this thread :D

Yngvai X said:
Yeah, you really can't compare playing this stuff on an electric guitar to playing classical guitar arrangements of it on a classical guitar.

Btw, it just occured to me that it says crapice in the title of this thread :D
Damnit dude, I JUST noticed that and was coming to comment on it, but you beat me to it. Funny stuff.

Hi Symphony X addicts

Nice performance from this guitar player. It is the caprice # 24. Basic theme with 11 variations and a Finale. First of all, Master Michael Romeo can play this even better....do not doubt the Master. Second it is easier on a classical guitar than on an electric guitar with distortion. Less noise control to worry about. I know I used to do it 2 years ago.

Next,

first theme: OK
variation 1 : would not want to ear this of an electric gtr (noise,noise,noise)
variation 2 : she adds an harmonic bass accomp. with the melody. Nice
variation 3+4: good
variation 5 : ???????? I have the part in front of me and...????????....must be the bad quality of the recording?!?!
variation 6 :very good, difficult for guitar players
variation 7: OK
variation 8:??????????????once again. I still have the score in front of me and I wonder....??????? I must have a problem with my ears...or she has with her eyes?????
variation 9 : Interesting tech. I used to do it palm mute.
variation 10 : OK?!?!?
variation 11 + finale : It isn't written quite like this on the original part????? she does repetitive chords instead of 16th intervals (chord version really easier). Though, the arpegio are nice. The last four arpegios are very good. the last one is very difficult.

Interesting topic!!!
thank you

Maestro Pero

http://www.maestropero.com

I just watched this for the first time just now. It is the most rediculous thing ive seen since Gigantour. All of you shouldn't be saying such stereotypical things...... no matter how true theu are!!! I kid. I kid. You know what? This almost makes me feel like I wasnt even allowed to ask how to do sweeping solos!

maestro pero said:
Hi Symphony X addicts

Nice performance from this guitar player. It is the caprice # 24. Basic theme with 11 variations and a Finale. First of all, Master Michael Romeo can play this even better....do not doubt the Master. Second it is easier on a classical guitar than on an electric guitar with distortion. Less noise control to worry about. I know I used to do it 2 years ago.

Less noise control, but anyone whos tried anything technically difficult on both electric and acoustic will know that its much harder to play on an acoustic. An acoustic picks up every single little nuance of your playing. it has to be *perfect*. Electric guitars cover a lot up, especially with distortion. Especially with a classical guitar, things like dynamic control...theres much more sensitivity than with an electric guitar. So I'm going to strongly dissagree when you say its harder to do these things on an electric guitar.

And as far as Romeo being able to play it...I've never heard him play classical guitar, but I don't give musicians the benefit of the doubt. Its not like its an insult to say he can't play something outside of his normal style...

its all a matter of opinion, but its also hard to judge, unless someone can play it like she did on an electric. If MJR can do it, that would be an insane bonus track on the next album.