This thread is awesome. I want to read all these posts. But I also want to get drunk. Not sure if I can do both.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
In actuality, the shirt doesnt insult another race. If anything, it says "if you're a white dumbass, this music isn't for you".

I would love to have the shirt but there is no where it can safely be worn in 2021 if you care about your job, family, etc. And I'm not talking antifa. Im talking all these idjits with phones that want to cancel a person they disagree with.

In actuality, the shirt doesnt insult another race. If anything, it says "if you're a white dumbass, this music isn't for you"

This is hilarious. Even more so because I'm pretty sure you're being serious :lol:

I do like the thought of someone owning this shirt but only ever wearing it around the house.

Last edited:
Reactions: J. and einride
Semi serious. But also playing devils advocate

If you were unfamiliar with Drudkh, how would you comprehend it? No where does it disparage another race, if we stick to semantics.

One might wonder why "white" is there, I guess.

But if a black guy were to wear a shirt of some rap artist that said "Art for the black intellectual elite", I would think its funny and take zero offense.

If I didn't know any metalheads actually held the given attitude, I may've suspected that the shirt slogan was a poor translation or joke, maybe mocking the "white intellectual elite" for having such a predictable taste in "art".

Reactions: J.
Its only because we know who Drudkh is/was that we see the shirt in a "negative" way
not really, man

my take is that whether they're racist or not, calling yourself and your audience an "intellectual elite" is cringe af

especially when you deal in basic bitch burzum-worship-turned-crescendocore that has had like three different riffs over 10 albums

ah yes, my elite intellectual mind has been well and truly stimulated by these minor arpeggios played for fourteen minutes straight

especially when you deal in basic bitch burzum-worship-turned-crescendocore that has had like three different riffs over 10 albums

ah yes, my elite intellectual mind has been well and truly stimulated by these minor arpeggios played for fourteen minutes straight

I can agree. Pretentious and funny, but not offensive

But not duh racism.

The shirt was a product of the times i guess
it certainly was a very different climate in the early 00's for this kinda shit

although i may or may not have been a card-carrying bona fide brown shirted nazi at the time i still thought the shirt was a big eye-roller then

Reactions: MFJ
So here's the thing:
Today in 2021 it's also shocking for me to read "white" on the shirt. Yeah, like J. said when you read "for black only" it seems ok, welcome to today's reality.

I am convinced that this shirt slogan is either a somewhat mocking of the "Dark Art for the Satanic Elite" thing, either a somewhat awkward interpretation/bad translation etc.

Not gonna go too deep into Ukraine's history, but the wording intellectual elite doesn't seem cringe to me because in XX the actual Ukrainian intellectual and cultural elite (activists, poets, writers, painters, directors, scientists, professors, politicians, historians etc etc etc) was artificially executed/imprisoned first by nazis then later by USSR/kgb.
About 30 000 (!) of these people were just terminated by soviets. On purpose.
You can google "Ukrainian intellectual elite killed", "Executed Renaissance".
And given that Saenko is a history teacher and half of Drudkh songs are poems/texts of former intellectual elite authors who were killed/exiled - it's about remembering the roots and reviving what’s been lost.

That's why I understand why it sounds weird for a foreign person, but when you know where it might come from - it does make some sense. It's easy to interpret awkwardly though.
I still wouldn't wear this shirt.

Also Ukrainian patriotism isn't about racism, it's mostly a butt that's been hurting for hundreds of years because of all the fucktards who try to come and establish their rules on the land that doesn't belong to them- tatars, turks, mongols, germans, soviets, russia, it's been going on forever.

Last edited:
So here's the thing:
Today in 2021 it's also shocking for me to read "white" on the shirt. Yeah, like J. said when you read "for black only" it seems ok, welcome to today's reality.

I am convinced that this shirt slogan is either a somewhat mocking of the "Dark Art for the Satanic Elite" thing, either a somewhat awkward interpretation/bad translation (not literally) etc.

Not gonna go too deep into Ukraine's history, but the wording intellectual elite doesn't seem cringe to me because in XX the actual Ukrainian intellectual and cultural elite (activists, poets, writers, painters, directors, scientists, professors, politicians, historians etc etc etc) was artificially executed/imprisoned first by nazis then later by USSR/kgb.
Hundreds if not thousands of these specific people were just terminated. On purpose. You can google 'ukrainian intellectual elite killed'.
And given that Saenko is a history teacher and half of Drudkh songs are poems/texts of former intellectual elite authors who were later killed/exiled - it's about remembering the roots and reviving what's been lost.

That's why I understand why it sounds weird for a foreign person, but when you know where it might come from - it does make some sense. It's easy to interpret awkwardly though.
I still wouldn't wear this shirt.

Also Ukrainian patriotism isn't about racism, it's mostly a butt that's been hurting for hundreds of years because of all the fucktards who try to come and establish their rules on the land that doesn't belong to them- tatars, turks, mongols, germans, soviets, russia, it's been going on forever.

I respect what you're saying here and I appreciate the perspective of an actual Ukrainian person.

For the sake of clarity: my initial comparison of Drudkh and satanic black metal was mostly just a shitpost. I listen to all of these bands, and I have for a really long time. I'll refrain from truly commenting on how it's ridiculous to shun black metal bands for satanic/pagan themes (whoops I did it anyway). This thread certainly did not end up being cool or fun, did it?

Reactions: ~Neurotica
I respect what you're saying here and I appreciate the perspective of an actual Ukrainian person.

For the sake of clarity: my initial comparison of Drudkh and satanic black metal was mostly just a shitpost. I listen to all of these bands, and I have for a really long time. I'll refrain from truly commenting on how it's ridiculous to shun black metal bands for satanic/pagan themes (whoops I did it anyway). This thread certainly did not end up being cool or fun, did it?
I know, no worries. It's true however, the shirt slogan does give a weird impression so I thought it could have been helpful to clarify some things.
People may still stick to their opinions.

I actually thought this thread was one of the coolest and most fun to read lately.

Reactions: SonOfNun
If I didn't know any metalheads actually held the given attitude, I may've suspected that the shirt slogan was a poor translation or joke, maybe mocking the "white intellectual elite" for having such a predictable taste in "art".
I was gonna say this about the translation. The phrase doesn’t sound right to my ears at all.