1978 Marshall JMP with Guv'nor METAL

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
So yeah, here's one for the fans of more vintage voiced amps...it's still rather high gain obviously, but if you like those typical Marshall high mids, you might like this clip.

Chain:
Gibson Flying V with Duncan Distortion
Marshall Guv'nor MkI
1978 Marshall JMP 2203 (stock, except for KT88 tubes in the power amp)
Bogner Uberkab
Single Heil PR30 on a V30

The band's called "Gloryhammer" btw, look them up, they're awesome! ;)

This might or might not be a KPA profile

Last edited by a moderator:
This is awesome!

as a side note, I would love to hear you nail down the Cyclone Temple guitar sound as a KPA rig cause I think you would actually be able to do it right

from their 1st album though, not the 2nd. Man oh man, dat TONE!

Thanks..

I've actually never even heard the name Cyclone Temple.....can you link me`?

you got it my man!

Greg Fulton (guitarist) is actually one of my all time biggest influences on guitar. Dude has more feel and expression in his rhythm playing than a lot of guitarists have in their leads

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds fantastic and is a perfect example of why I love passives and dislike actives.
There is compression in the lows moving the cones that you just don't get with actives.

I used to have a guv'nor years ago. I used it to boost a Marshall SLX when I was gigging.
No idea where it went :-(
I had an unusual 3 channel setup for an Alanis Morrisette tribute band I put together.
Had the (single channel) amp set up with a medium crunch and used a compressor pedal with output set low for clean and the guv'nor for lead.

^^I could have been more specific I guess...

juicy ass tits!

Can't remember you rocked a marshall übercab combo yet, apart from another recent tone iirc...totally awesome!

THIS is why I love this forum. Where else can you get such technical reviews and descriptions of equipment and guitar tones? lol

cheers!

:lol::headbang:

It should definitely become the new jargon to describe audio qualities.
In this case, I think the ass stands for the tight lows and the tits for the high mids.

And it is no news that I'm a sucker for those vintage tits.