1986 Transformers Soundtrack

RiffDaemon

Apr 24, 2006
Atlanta, GA
So, one of my fraternity brothers got the 1986 Transformers movie soundtrack as a gag gift for his birthday tonight. This was during a pretty big birthday party, so they played it over the speakers as a kind of joke. Everyone was laughing at how cheesy 80's it was .... however, I couldn't help but slam down my beer and start singing "Transformers!!!" in the craziest falsetto I could manage. That CD pretty much rocked my night :headbang:

So anyone else have any love for this soundtrack? I know it doesn't fit a lot of the moments in the movie - e.g. the dance scene :puke: - but there's some nice stuff on it.

It is an awesome soundtrack. "You've got the touch, you've got the power!!" The Megatron theme is awesome as well.

I worked at Spencers at the mall for about three years, and for a while they would play the theme from the soundtrack in the store in like a block of cartoon songs. I forgot how awesome it was until then.

I own 2 versions. The original Soundtrack, and the new 20th Anniversary edition with a few bonus tracks.

Doug Aldrich, and LION fucking rule! I love everything Doug Aldrich does including his work on the Sega Saturn Pinball Game "The Last Gladiators".

I own 2 versions. The original Soundtrack, and the new 20th Anniversary edition with a few bonus tracks.

Doug Aldrich, and LION fucking rule! I love everything Doug Aldrich does including his work on the Sega Saturn Pinball Game "The Last Gladiators".

Yep, Doug is fantastic. Virtually everything he is on is worth hearing :kickass:

Doug kicks ass!
One of the most underrated guitarists of the 80's IMO. Had the fire of Lynch, with the feel and vibrato all of his own, though reminiscent of Warren DiMartini
Great tone as well!

The track I always loved the most (besides the "Transformers Theme" by LION) was the track "Instruments of Destruction" by N.R.G. I never heard anything else from that band. Were they a known band under another name? Does anyone know who they were?

Three great songs on that soundtrack:

Transformers theme, and the two songs by Stan Bush- "You've Got the Touch" and "Dare".

BTW, Bush re-recorded those songs in 1997 and they are available on his greatest hits album. He also did a new Transformers-themed song in 1997 called "Ground Zero".

His latest album rocks too. Stan Bush for Progpower!

I've always been a sucker for 80s movie montage songs, where Stan Bush or Survivor or some other rocker would be singing about how you can beat the odds if you give it your all, yada yada.

Stan Bush did a song like that for the movie Kickboxer, called "Never Surrender".