POWER METAL SOUNDTRACK!!!

Ahh, so that explains it...well maybe Uwe should stop directing films, and just concentrate on developing soundtracks, because it's truly shocking (in a good way) to see a Hollywood movie with that collection of metal bands on the soundtrack.

LOL. Yeah the "Charge!" was ridiculous. One of many ridiculous scenes.
As far as the credits go I have the CD's so there's no need to sit through that for 2 hrs again.

I guess I'm thinking strictly from a standpoint of other people being exposed to power metal, that's why I say it made up for it. But anyone who already knows the songs, yeah, obviously don't torture yourself. :zombie::lol:

And what was with Ray Liotta's blue Oxford shirt?? Did the costumers just run out of money?

So many things wrong with this movie. It's bad, but, in my opinion not bad enough to make cult status. Just bad. What's bad?

1) Ray Liotta in a Wayne Newton-esque garb near the beginning of the movie.
2) Claire Folani's over acting.
3) The script.
4) The unsynced music (anyone else notice that during one the major battle scenes the music just stops??? WTF?)
5) Ray Liotta in a Matrix-esque trench coat 1/2 way through the movie.
6) Jason Statham's under acting.
7) Jason Statham's "friend"'s acting. Can't remember the guys name, but that big lug that just kind of hung around.
8) Leelee Sobieski not wearing NEARLY enough sexy outfits and in general lack of participation in the movie
9) Burt Reynolds as king...seriously, guys, whose idea was this?
10) The script - it's worthy of two spots
11) The already mentioned "charge" scene. I almost fell out of my chair.
12) The fact that the "good guys" are supposed to be getting help from these tree people who some how still manage to help even though the major battle is taken to a field later.

There are others. The more I think about it, maybe it will make cult status. It's good for a laugh.

#6 - Statham didn't "underact" as much as he was just miscast. His character called for someone far more charasmatic and determined. Statham is not that kind of actor - never has been, never will be. He doesn't have the voice or the looks. He basically just did his typical schtick which didn't work for this character role at all.

#7 - That would be Ron Perlman who you'll remember from Hellboy and Alien Resurrection. I actually thought he was okay, but he didn't have a part worth putting any effort into. At least he LOOKED the part whereas Statham and Liotta and Reynolds looked like they had wandered onto the wrong set.

#8 - Leelee Sobieski is smashingly gorgeous and a decent talent but I don't understand why her acting career is in this state of purgatory. Doesn't anyone take her seriously? She has far to much potential to be slumming in this kind of C-movie crap. She seriously needs to fire her agent (or marry me ... ah to dream! :lol:)

#9 - I swear, didn't you feel like that first scene where he shows up, he looks at the camera like, "Yeah, I don't know why I'm in this movie either, but here I am." He was terrible. Absolutely terrible. And this is coming from a guy who worshipped him in Cannonball Run and Boogie Nights. He just didn't put forth the effort at all. In fact, that big scene where he dies and he has that big speech has to be one of the worst performances by any actor in any movie ever. I could barely watch.

#10 - Oh man ... that's too funny ... and I completely agree! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#12 - Talk about secondary characters that were pulled right out of the first chapter of the Cliche' Book. o_O

I give your analysis two thumbs up. As for the movie, there aren't enough thumbs to point down for this one.

It's Uwe Boll. He's got more movies in imdb's bottom 250 than Ed Wood.

He's so spectacularly bad it's incredible. But gotta give him his props, he's a metal fan. He had Nightwish on the Alone in the Dark soundtrack, which was another one of his atrocities.

Alone in the Dark was his film? My God, that was another movie that I played at my theatre for barely two weeks. The second week, we cut it down to a 9:00 only.

Wouldn't someone finally decide to STOP greenlighting his projects after this guy's track record???

I still wonder if this is the kind of film Nuclear Blast wants to be associated with. Yeah, I know, no other moviemakers are knocking down their door, but still...

#6 - Statham didn't "underact" as much as he was just miscast. His character called for someone far more charasmatic and determined. Statham is not that kind of actor - never has been, never will be. He doesn't have the voice or the looks. He basically just did his typical schtick which didn't work for this character role at all.

#7 - That would be Ron Perlman who you'll remember from Hellboy and Alien Resurrection. I actually thought he was okay, but he didn't have a part worth putting any effort into. At least he LOOKED the part whereas Statham and Liotta and Reynolds looked like they had wandered onto the wrong set.

#8 - Leelee Sobieski is smashingly gorgeous and a decent talent but I don't understand why her acting career is in this state of purgatory. Doesn't anyone take her seriously? She has far to much potential to be slumming in this kind of C-movie crap. She seriously needs to fire her agent (or marry me ... ah to dream! :lol:)

#9 - I swear, didn't you feel like that first scene where he shows up, he looks at the camera like, "Yeah, I don't know why I'm in this movie either, but here I am." He was terrible. Absolutely terrible. And this is coming from a guy who worshipped him in Cannonball Run and Boogie Nights. He just didn't put forth the effort at all. In fact, that big scene where he dies and he has that big speech has to be one of the worst performances by any actor in any movie ever. I could barely watch.

Yes, Ron Perlman, thank you. I could not remember his name and was too lazy to hit IMBD. Good point on Statham. I also agree with you on the speech by Burt. Give me "Smoky and the Bandit" any day!

I'll rent it.

But that's pretty sweet that he made use of alot of metal for the movie.

But don't the vast majority of these movies barely even have any of the songs on the "soundtrack" during the actual movie? Whats the point then? The soundtrack turns into some thrown together compilation album that has a shitty movie's name attached to it.

Yes, Ron Perlman, thank you. I could not remember his name and was too lazy to hit IMBD. Good point on Statham. I also agree with you on the speech by Burt. Give me "Smoky and the Bandit" any day!

Smokey & the Bandit is a classic in it's own right, but you have to see BOOGIE NIGHTS if you haven't - it's his best role ever. He'll never have a part that good ever again.