1990 - into the mirror black cd

rebirth

spacestation '76film
Apr 11, 2004
hell
Been listening to this morning, lotsof good things on it, but it'
Does repeat it self theway through it:headbang:
Anyoneelse think so also

Pretty neat sound quality for the era, but still way too flat for this kind of music. The snare, though, is a surprisingly painless instance of that-motherfucking-80s-snare. The lack of spaciousness really harms a few cool songs like "Taste Revenge" or "Eden Lies Obscured". That notwithstanding, I really love the songwriting on this one. The title track is just plain fucking gold. The only track I don't really like is "Future Tense". Compared to the rest of the album, it seems kinda... worse. Other than that, a fucking classic all the way through.

EDIT: 2:10, "One More Murder" - "I shit silver"

You will get no complaints from me on this classic - it got me through a lot of tough times and was my top musical inspiration when I was playing in bands and trying to figure out life. Great songwriting and riffs for sure, but Warrel's lyrics really made an impact on me. I still break this out every once in a while and I love it just as much today as I did 20+ years ago!

Bought it on vinyl when it was released because the guys had really long hair :eek: When I flipped it on on my turntable, it was evident that the music was genious. Haven´t paid much attention to metal lyrics before but this album caught my attention on that department.

The album has really held itself throughout the years. It´s still a great listen and can´t really pinpoint similar album of that era or any other for that matter.

Sanctuary and Coroner FTW!!!:devil:

Bździgniew;10761421 said:
Pretty neat sound quality for the era, but still way too flat for this kind of music. The snare, though, is a surprisingly painless instance of that-motherfucking-80s-snare. The lack of spaciousness really harms a few cool songs like "Taste Revenge" or "Eden Lies Obscured". That notwithstanding, I really love the songwriting on this one. The title track is just plain fucking gold. The only track I don't really like is "Future Tense". Compared to the rest of the album, it seems kinda... worse. Other than that, a fucking classic all the way through.

EDIT: 2:10, "One More Murder" - "I shit silver"

Both of the Sanctuary albums would still be fantastic today; well, not that they aren't still great, but...with a much more modern production. That, and if Warrel still used the C-clamp or whatever it was he said he no longer uses anymore. :lol: