1st Teramaze track mixed by Neil Kernon produced by Jeff Waters streaming

Star Ark

Apr 6, 2010
Melbourne
Dean our lead guitarist from Teramaze has just posted the first taste of the upcoming Teramaze album 'Anhedonia'. The song is called 'Smashed face'

Neil Kernon has mixed it and jeeze, this guy is incredible. I practice to the original Jeff waters rough mixes and have for almost 2 years, and now finally hearing the finished product - I'm in sonic heaven.
Everything Neil has mixed is simple yet effective, he brings out all the right elements at the right time and has such an open and bright sound without ever sounding harsh or brittle.

http://www.myspace.com/teramaze

thoughts?

Where to start... great song, great sound, great attention to detail in the arrangement, tight playing, ripping solo (very Loomis-like IMO), cool singer... yeah I'd say I like it! :D

I have to keep an eye out for the album.

havent listened yet, but neil kernon is awesome so i expect this to sound great. any chance of a better place to host than myspace though?

I'm not a fan of the myspace player either, I'll email Dean and ask him to put it up on a better site.

As for the squelchy hats, I'm pretty sure that's the 128kb mp3. I've got wavs of mixes before mix revisions and the hats don't normally do that, I just don't have the authorisation to put them up myself.

Our singer gets a lot of praise and hate, I personally love his style but I'm used to hearing people dislike it. I guess it goes with the territory of being the front man, cheers for listening.

Ok my bad, someone had screwed around with the default eq on my computer. I still think it could do with a bit more, or if the bas and the guitars would be a bit better blended maybe.