1st Two Songs On Guitar

DemonKnight5150

Stop scopies me
Nov 17, 2005
Baker City, Oregon
Hello all. I know you're not typically responsive to people putting up songs and whatnot but, frankly, I don't give a fuck. Lol. No, but seriously....I played drums for 14 years and was playing one day and took a look at my drums and realized that I was bored and wanted to really focus on writing music so I decided to switch to guitar. These are my first attempts at some songs so they may be a little rough around the edges but I'm pretty proud of them.

I had collaborated with my dad but we had a falling out and he decided to be a prick and delete his clean vocals and bass tracks so I ended up taking out the death metal growls and made them instrumental.

Disillusioned is the 1st song I attempted and The Moonlight's Curse is the latest. I used Addictive Drums to program the drums and MOTU Symphonic Instrument for the orchestration (looking forward to getting EastWest programs). So, here they are in all their flawed glory. Be gentle.

Disillusioned & Moonlight's Curse

Disillusioned - Download

The Moonlight's Curse - Download

Hey thanks man. More than appreciative of the kind words. Any advice or constructive criticism is a good thing. Now I know that some people (if they even decide to post in here; chances are not) will probably end up talking about food or Kriggy's balls or whatever which is perfectly fine. I'm just a laid back guy who deeply enjoys creating, playing, and listening to music.

I had some skirt steak fajeeeeetaaas for dinner tonight. They were sublime.

This is somewhat constructive criticism from a person that sucks at guitar and doesn't know any music theory. But, I do know good music, so here goes:

Good stuff for your first songs. Feels like a thrashier version of CoF and reminds me of some Dimmu.

My biggest recommendation is mix it a bit better. I would have liked to hear the guitar more. It'd be kinda cool to hear the raw guitar tracks by themselves to be more constructive on your actual guitar playing.

You said these were supposed to have vocals. The songs would be much better with them or some guitar leads instead (but i understand that its painfully difficult to play good leads). As a strictly instrumental track, I feel there needs to be more changeups to keep it interesting. I hope you can recover those vocal tracks. The songs would be much better with them.

This is probably a matter of taste, but I say tone down the orchestra a bit. Too much of it going on in my opinion.

How long have you been playing guitar btw and have you been working on any lead guitar? :hotjump:

I have been playing guitar for about a year or so. As far as leads are concerned, i'm still working on finger dexterity so my main focus right now is building up my chops on rhythm, figuring out different chords, etc. I am most likely, once I get my new recording software and whatnot, going to rerecord both songs and add my own vocals. I, too, noticed that the songs sound kinda "bare" without them but I still really enjoy The Moonlight's Curse if only for the journey that song takes me on.

Moonlight's Curse sounded pretty badass with the death metal vocals. I really wish my dad would grow up and add the stuff back in. We spent months collaborating on a cd and because we don't see eye to eye on the way we think, he decides to be a douche. I even helped him out quite a bit on the songs he came up with i.e. lyrics, guitar ideas, structure of songs, etc.

I chalk it up as a lesson learned. I will continue to write music with or without a band and I will record music with or without one too. I just know that I HAVE to create all the time.

Anyway, thank you very much for the constructive criticism. Glad you like what I have done so far. :headbang: