2 great upcoming Metal Festivals

AngelWitch73

Jan 29, 2002
Bayern
www.metalgospel.org
I thought I would recommend two Metal festivals that I think you guys would really enjoy because of the fantastic line ups.

The first is Keep It True (www.keep-it-true.de) held in Tauberfrankenhalle Lauda-Königshofen on April 9 and 10. The line up for the 9th is: RITUAL STEEL, BATTLERAM, BATTLEROAR and WOTAN. That show will be held at a different place, ALIBI Tauberbischofsheim. The line up for the main day, the 10th is: MANILLA ROAD, HALLOWEEN, MAJESTY, CLOVEN HOOF, ATTACKER, WIZARD, BLITZKRIEG, ELIXER, HOLY MARTYR, DARK QUARTERER and IRONSWORD. I can´t wait to see all these bands ! I´ve been wanting to see MANILLA ROAD for YEARS !

The second is Headbangers Open Air (www.headbangers-open-air.de) held in Brande-Hörnkirchen (bei Elmshorn) on 9 and 10 July with the following bands:

Brocas Helm (USA)
Breaker
Hanker (Can)
Hirax (USA)
Intruder (USA)
Elixir (UK)
Desaster (D)
Fist (UK)
Nightmare (F)
Vortex (NL)
Overdrive (Swe)
Highway Chile (NL)
Tyr (Farörer Inseln)
Rosae Crucis (I)
Adramelch (I)
Battleroar (Gr)
Eternal Reign (D)
Dark at Dawn (D)

Maybe some of you could find the time to check out these 2 festivals...

Man, those should be some great shows!

Reading over the lists makes me wonder if there are any old metal bands not getting back together!!! As long as they release some new music I'm all for it, just hope they don't get back together for a couple shows and then call it quits again. The new Attacker album is great, hope the other old bands follow their lead.

Actually, I prefer it when reunited old bands just stick to playing some live shows because all too often the new material pales in comparison to stuff they composed in the 80s. Of course it is nice to hear new albums when they kick ass like the last EXODUS or the ATTACKER but it seems rare that comeback albums are worth anything.