2-Nite DREDG Convention in NoCal next month

Soundscape

Sep 16, 2002
Maplewood, MN
allmediareviews.blogspot.com
Dredg posted this bulletin last week on myspace:

Salutations!
We will be performing El Cielo in its entirety as well as selections from Catch Without Arms on Friday, Sept. 15th at The Catalyst in Santa Cruz. Tickets for this performance go on sale this Friday (Aug. 18th).

Thursday, Sept. 14th, 2006
The Catalyst
Santa Cruz, CA
*we will be performing Leitmotif in its entirety as well as selections from Catch Without Arms. Tickets are available to purchase here

Friday, Sept. 15th, 2006
The Catalyst
Santa Cruz, CA
*we will be performing El Cielo in its entirety as well as selections from Catch Without Arms.
**Tickets for this show go on sale Friday, Aug. 18th.

Portugal. The Man. will be supporting both nights Portugal. The Man.

Should be fun.

I am flying out to see these two shows. Dredg's 1st 2 LP's done in full back-2-back nites

Maybe I'll see some of you folks there?..there's a whole group of folks on traversing.net http://www.traversingboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=3190 that are coming out for this. Should be 1 helluva 2 night stand.

Kyle

was a killer 2-days..breathtaking..I love both albums..esp EL CIELO..imagine if Enchant did the whole BLUEPRINT and then like the whole JUGGLING or BREAK..it was that cool. Check out the jam they did each night on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxAZamCXu5g

they even had a guy dancing in a Penguin outfit during IT ONLY TOOK A DAY. Dredg fans are crazy..they mosh without concern for what song is being played, lol.

The recordings will surface eventually..should be really sweet to relive with them.

Kyle

Kyle

Thanks for the updates. Glad you had a good time. It would have been great if this was some other weekend. But hey great ideas. I think these guys are on to something here. This is a great idea and I am really curious how the turnout and fan interaction was?

Hey

It was great..pretty much soldout both nights. I even met a guy waiting in-line outside who was an Enchant fan when we were chatting about bands and groups from the area. He was a big Rush fan, so I immediately brought up Enchant.

I would probably equate it to the DVD show Enchant did a few years ago. People like myself coming in from out of town, hanging with fans (and the band..I met Drew, the bass player briefly on Thursday night). The Catalyst is a cool club..2 balconies on each side. Theatrical. Santa Cruz is a neat Oceanside-town for this (Dredg are from Los Gatos nearby as well..so it was pretty much a hometown gig).

Kyle

hey..Wickerman..yeah, it's been quite awhile since I've seen you on the forums. Or Donna and many others. These two shows were tremendous The Videos are not finished yet, but the audio from both shows are up on http://archive.org in FLAC format.

And the new live dredg album: is sonically one of the best live recordings I've ever heard. Can't wait to hear their next album. Could make it out in 2007! (the new song "Ireland" is great. That was posted on youtube). The Traversing forum unfortunately has been down for the past couple of weeks, so the dredg news the past few weeks has been a little slow.