2 songs, POD XT / DFHS , advice?

The intro for the first clip sounds great, nice tones. When the dist. guitars come in, it's lacking a lot. The snare sounds unprocessed compared to the rest of the kit. I would suggest a bit of compression to make it pop more and let it sit in the mix better. The guitars could use less fizz, although they aren't muddy or anything...maybe try running a TS into the POD...or even the TS model to tighten them up and back the gain down a tad.

Cool tunes man.

~e.a

Cool tunes - sounds great - I really think that if you spend some time getting that drum sound just right you'll find that the whole mix will benefit from that. Splat88 posted an amazing project file for DFHS some weeks ago - its for Cubase though - but if you study that project file and do some of the same stuff in your DFHS session you'll have a great demo sound, and maybe more than that.

And I like the guitars a lot - wanna post the patches?

:kickass:

The intro for the first clip sounds great, nice tones. When the dist. guitars come in, it's lacking a lot. The snare sounds unprocessed compared to the rest of the kit. I would suggest a bit of compression to make it pop more and let it sit in the mix better. The guitars could use less fizz, although they aren't muddy or anything...maybe try running a TS into the POD...or even the TS model to tighten them up and back the gain down a tad.

Cool tunes man.

~e.a

did u mean the TS mod in the podxt or the distortion pedal itself?

The pedal itself.....tightens up the sound a bit and kills off a bit of fizz. Some have used the TS mod in the XT itself with ok results too, but a TS-9/808 in front of the POD can add a bit of analog warmth to POD tones.

The pedal itself.....tightens up the sound a bit and kills off a bit of fizz. Some have used the TS mod in the XT itself with ok results too, but a TS-9/808 in front of the POD can add a bit of analog warmth to POD tones.

cool, i was thinking on buying one... now i will for sure! thx sparkyness