What do you think? (Melodeath content)

Gonzo666

Fretworker
Jun 3, 2005
Germany
Hi Folks!
I am a longtime reader of this Board (I guess since 2 years now). I've learned alot from you guys..this board rules!
So..but now I want to share some songs with you. I am currently working on a demo of my band and I would like to hear some feedback on the sound and about the songs.

Here are some details:
Guitars: LTD Explorer ->EMG 85 ->Pod XT...quadtracked
Bass: LTD F-100 -> POD XT
Drums: DFHS + some samples

I know there are still some things to do, but I would like to know if I am on the right way.

here is the link to 3 songs:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=845958

thanks in advanced...Gonzo

p.s.: This is m first real attempt for a complete recording...so be gentle ;)

Niice! :kickass:
I think the vocals are too much in your face, bring it back in the mix, maybe a bit more reverb/delay
Otherwise..
Great work!

Niice! :kickass:
I think the vocals are too much in your face, bring it back in the mix, maybe a bit more reverb/delay
Otherwise..
Great work!

+1

+ I think you should re-EQ the bass a bit in order to make more room for the kick. Listening on some average headphones though.

Guitars sound very In Flames-ish, both in terms of riffing and tone. Nice job !

I am a longtime reader of this Board (I guess since 2 years now). I've learned alot from you guys..this board rules!
So..but now I want to share some songs with you. I am currently working on a demo of my band and I would like to hear some feedback on the sound and about the songs.

p.s.: This is m first real attempt for a complete recording...so be gentle ;)

You've been doing REALLY good so far man !

Thanks guys...your opinions means alot to me...I will try to correct some things on the weekend an i will post the new mixes then...