Need some opinions on this.. wee test inside.

Jun 2, 2005
Okay, here it is:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=283678

RME test 3.

Short clip, AD drums, POD XT, reason bass... bla...

Weird thing i loaded up some old settings, but this comes out quite different sounding through the RME instead of the M-audio card...
Oh yeah, riffs are from the head and only played once, so sloppy.. nevermind that lol.

Let me know what you think please..

Hehe..cheers dudes.

Follow up question though, i have noticed that my guitars are indeed a bit more muddy, boxy and a bit more sterile since i got the RME FF400... how would you guys go about and hook up your POD XT to the RME?
What i have done is use the left output of the POD XT into the output (channel 8) of the RME.. i tried the headphones insert on the XT as well, but that sounded just a wee bit louder and nothing more.
Might have to check my battery in the guitar that power the EMG set, and it is time to move on from the POD XT when i have room for a amp, also DI box incoming, surely i can get better results through re-amping, because right now i think the weakest link is the guitarsound at the moment.

Really good sounding now, Rob.

That kick drum sounds really good. Guitars have that POD taste anyways (maybe too much gain?) but mix sounds ace ;)

It's time for you to post something wicked with awesome synths and Trevor's voice, dude :D

Seizure.. correct, input instead of output.. lol, and the heaphones insert of the POD XT instead of using the POD XT's lef or right output.
Erik, agreed.. too much gain, lately i find myself having to put more gain in the guitars or otherwise i wont get any agression out of the guitars, lets not even talk about palm mutes through the XT.. (in my case at least, yuck!)

Hopefully some new TGM material soon!

btw, i tried to get it to sound like machine head's latest album.. took the EQ frequencies of the guitars and bass, and applied them to my own guitar and bass sound, made the samples sound like the drums on it and that's what i was trying to achieve with this wee mix.

Try this:

- Screamer settings: Drive 24%; Level and tone 100%
- Chorus (pre) settings: Speed 0.10; Depth 0%; Bass 0%; Treble 100%; Mix 35%
- Amp gain (tr rectifier in my case): 25%

I get quite a good crunchy rythm sound, lots of attack and little mud. In fact the Chorus pedal is the key (in addition to the screamer, ofc) to get more character on the amp.

Link to my POD Farm preset (if any1 wants to try 'em...).

Best regards.
-Erik

Try this:

- Screamer settings: Drive 24%; Level and tone 100%
- Chorus (pre) settings: Speed 0.10; Depth 0%; Bass 0%; Treble 100%; Mix 35%
- Amp gain (tr rectifier in my case): 25%

I get quite a good crunchy rythm sound, lots of attack and little mud. In fact the Chorus pedal is the key (in addition to the screamer, ofc) to get more character on the amp.

Link to my POD Farm preset (if any1 wants to try 'em...).

Best regards.
-Erik

Hey cheers Erik! podfarm i still dont have, lol.. but i'll get it soon when im going to start recording bass guitars.. thanks!