Hi I'm new here! here's my POD xt test!

Rex Rocker

Call me Hugo!
Dec 21, 2007
Mexico
hey guys!

well, I'm a n00b in this forum, but anyway, here's my POD xt Mix test...

I know I got kinda carried away with the treble on the bass and I feel everything lacks bottom end, but I just got my POD xt yesterday and this is what I came up with!

what do you think? what are your tips?

BTW, I'm looking forward to getting the metal pack for my pod... i've heard great things about the Big Bottom model

LINK

thanks for listening!

I liked that tone...
I'd like to hear that in a maiden cover....!!
Now, taking into consideration the results of my mixes, I shouldn't be giving out any advice but I think the kick is sucking everything in when the double bass kicks in...
Other than that great work....
The metal packs are worth it...check the forum for more ideas on getting guitar tones....I know I'm about to....

thanks!

in case anyone's interested, that's the Treadplate Dual boosted with the Screamer panned 75% on both sides and the JM Pre on both sides panned 50%... the JM Pre is just barely there, just to fill in the mids the Treadplate lacks

Everything I've heard from the X3 so far sounds so much better than the XT....... I think I may pick one up.....

the tone suits thrash metal pretty well and so does the treble-ly bass in my opinion. the only complaint is that the blast beats in the end sound pretty fake. the snare doesn't sound too good either during the blast beats (they sound fine in the rest of the song but not during the blast beats). i guess to get more bottom end just boost some of the lows and you should be good.

Everything I've heard from the X3 so far sounds so much better than the XT....... I think I may pick one up.....
yup, I kinda with I would've gotten myself the X3, but I'm getting the metal pack, so I hope things get better :)

the tone suits thrash metal pretty well and so does the treble-ly bass in my opinion. the only complaint is that the blast beats in the end sound pretty fake. the snare doesn't sound too good either during the blast beats (they sound fine in the rest of the song but not during the blast beats). i guess to get more bottom end just boost some of the lows and you should be good.
thanks man... yeah, I think I still have to dial in a better tone for that kind of parts on Addictive Drums... and about the low-end... I think it's my mastering that's sucking A LOT of the low end... gotta check that

updated the mix... totally removed the bass (too lazy to re-record it, lol), removed the JM Pre guitar layer and added another one with the Spinal Puppet model... what do y'all think?

thanks man... yeah, I need some bigger speakers for mixing... I feel the guitar tone and overall mix still lacks something, tho... I was trying to find out what it is...

you guys think the snare is that bad? even on the parts that are not the blast beat?

Yeah snare kinda sounds like an upside down trash can:oops:

Try out some of the samples on this forum, the free ones that Slate posted a while back sound pretty good....

thanks! yeah... i was checking those out... I have not idea on how to use those with addictive drums, tho...