20 Bands you may have missed....

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
A few of these had brief mentions here in the past and a few are new to the forum. These aren't necessarily my recommendations, but just some relatively recent stuff that caught my ear that others may enjoy.

Pertness (power)

Forgotten Souls (avante garde/bit of industrial)

Ripe (classic)

Electric Hellride (modern)

Bloody Hammers (psychedelic/occult- video NSFW)

The Creptter Children (goth)

Germ (symphonic with clean/black vox)

Vexillum (folk/power)

Ruinside (thrash metal)

Gloria Morti (death metal)

Munruthel ( symphonic folk/black)

Babylon Fire (classic metal)

Forgotten Tomb (doom/death)

Confidence (hard rock/aor)

Access Denied (NWOBHM with female vocals)

Warnot (progressive)

The Reasoning (prog rock)

Fogalord (symphonic/power)

The Haarp Machine (djent/prog)

The Moor (prog metal)

Last edited by a moderator:
dang Glenn.....Firebreath is going to think he isnt needed anymore.

Pertness have gotten progressivly worse in my book. Thier first disc was great. The new one tries to be to harsh at times and comes across forced. Waiting for a new Solar Fragment album, both bands sound very simular.

dang Glenn.....Firebreath is going to think he isnt needed anymore.

Hell no. I still bow to the master.

These are just the slow months for me so I'm able to go back to doing what brought me into this scene in the first place. In a few months, the only music I will hear is what is spoon fed to me in this forum.

here's one that I posted about a while back that some might have missed. Solisia- Symphonic prog/power from Italy with the bass player from DGM and new vocalist Elie Syrelia

[

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see some love for The Reasoning. Rachel Cohen (nee Jones) has one of the best voices in prog rock. Personally, I think their earlier albums are more interesting.

The Reasoning is very good. I actually saw them open for Marillion once in Bristol, England. Another good prog rock band with female vocals is Touchstone.

enjoyed the Ruinside, Ripe, Pertness(dumbass name) and Babylon Fire songs...