Some bands you may have missed this year...

Awesome melodic prog metal. Very moody and introspective stuff. Great choruses and melodic mid-range vocals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went through everything posted in the thread. This is the lone CD that made it to my buy list.

How magnanimous of you to bestow such an honor on the pile of refuse shared by other people. :p

But seriously and in the nicest way I can ask, why not just post a simple "hey I really dug this and am going to buy it"? Rather than a simple positive statement of fact, there has to be the added context of "I watched all your other suggestions and none of it is worth buying".

While the statement is true and it is not my place to tell you how to express your opinions, it seems to happen a lot here that people cannot resist getting in that little dig when they can.

Again it is hard to convey tone via text, but just to reiterate I am just asking honestly cause I don't get it and not an angry or critical "wtf?"

How magnanimous of you to bestow such an honor on the pile of refuse shared by other people. :p

But seriously and in the nicest way I can ask, why not just post a simple "hey I really dug this and am going to buy it"? Rather than a simple positive statement of fact, there has to be the added context of "I watched all your other suggestions and none of it is worth buying".

While the statement is true and it is not my place to tell you how to express your opinions, it seems to happen a lot here that people cannot resist getting in that little dig when they can.

Again it is hard to convey tone via text, but just to reiterate I am just asking honestly cause I don't get it and not an angry or critical "wtf?"

That's just the way he rolls. A little blunt, perhaps ... but he basically stated that he did take the time to go thru people's recommendations, but only found one to be worthy of a buy. He didn't say he hated everything except that one, just felt it was the only one worth a purchace. I don't see any issue with his statement.

Britt

How magnanimous of you to bestow such an honor on the pile of refuse shared by other people.
Thank you, and you're welcome. :D

But seriously and in the nicest way I can ask, why not just post a simple "hey I really dug this and am going to buy it"?
My post was simple; a mere two sentences.

Rather than a simple positive statement of fact there has to be the added context of "I watched all your other suggestions and none of it is worth buying".
Is that how I should have posted? It's so magnanimous of you to explain to me how this board should work and how I should post.

While the statement is true and it is not my place to tell you how to express your opinions...
Really? Because it seems clear from your lengthy response to my brief post (which didn't even involve you), that you do think it's your place to tell me how to express my opinions. You even went so far as to tell me what I should have written.

...it seems to happen a lot here that people cannot resist getting in that little dig when they can.
Just because you read my post as a "dig", doesn't mean that's how I intended it. Nor does it mean that's how others took it. Keep in mind, your perspective is merely that.

My post was intended only to give the band I liked a bit of praise. There were a lot of videos posted in this thread. Generally speaking, as people make their way through threads like these, they tend to gravitate towards those bands that get the most positive mentions. All I was doing, was giving this band a positive mention.

I think the context you may be missing is most of us here know each other, either through posting here, going to the festival year after year, or both. So often, I'll forgo the typical pleasantries I might offer if I was posting some place new and just post a quick thought, that may read somewhat matter of fact. Ultimately, you're reading way too much into my 19 word post.

Cheers.

That's just the way he rolls. A little blunt, perhaps ... but he basically stated that he did take the time to go thru people's recommendations, but only found one to be worthy of a buy. He didn't say he hated everything except that one, just felt it was the only one worth a purchace. I don't see any issue with his statement.
Exactly.

I've never quite understood why people take such great offense to the opinions of others. It's an internet forum. If everyone had the same posting style and the same opinions, there would never be a need to read beyond the first post.

Haven't seen much mention of this old favorite's new release on the forum:

Love the disc, but then again I've always liked Wolfgang's work. If you like the past releases, you'll like this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob Rock's latest project with Roy Z:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akD278N-FP0&feature=related[/ame]

Nothing groundbreaking, but if you like traditional melodic power metal with great vocals, it's worth checking out.

My post was intended only to give the band I liked a bit of praise. There were a lot of videos posted in this thread. Generally speaking, as people make their way through threads like these, they tend to gravitate towards those bands that get the most positive mentions. All I was doing, was giving this band a positive mention.

Cheers.

Fair enough :D

I was not offended just curious. Honest question, honest answer.