2006 Metal Database

V.V.V.V.V.

Houses Ov Mercury
Jan 20, 2004
Dracut, MA
First off, I say this gets stickied, but I have a known history of that, so whatever.

This list was compiled by me with the help of users from the GameFAQs Metal Board (yes there are good users there, believe it or not). As such, contributors get credit. By contributing 3+ albums to the list, you are entitled to a place on the Thanks List...not much, I know, but bear with me.

The database lists albums to be released in the year 2006. It also differentiates albums that have leaked (been made available to the general public by use of a rip of a promo copy of a released CD, usually far in advance of its release date) from albums that have not (see the Key on the site). However, let it be said that I do not condone the illegal downloading of music. The leaks are used as promotions for the band only, and do not necessarily entail illegality. You can't be too safe these days with things like this.

Everything else is explained in the Key on the site better than I can explain it here, so, without further ado...:

The 2006 Metal Database

Screenshots (I don't know why):

ss13pc.jpg

ss22ia.jpg

Thank you, happy hunting, and LONG LIVE METAL...

Why don't you update the list then!

Send me an e-mail or post it here. (I made the site btw).

You'll be credited per the first post.

sinister - afterburner (leaked)
morpheus descends are putting out something on xtreem
arghoslent
ares kingdom - firestorm redemption single (out) + return to dust lp (not out)
vulpecula - in dusk apparition

couple things missing but a decent list
first one correction the Anata album is going to be called Conductor's Departure not Conductor's Demise...

new Vital Remains this year(Dave Suzuki told me in person around June, Glen Benton is going to be on it)
I can't recall the title but theres going to be a new Negura Bunget
new Dimmu album near the end of the year
new Augury album is expected as they've got some stuff recorded
Blut Aus Nord - Mort
Nokturnal Mortum - Voice of Steel
Mine[thorn] - Junkhive Noir
Godless Rising - Rising Hatred
Shroud of Bereavement & Withersoul Split
Clittorture and Goreality split
also how could anyone forget Ihsahn - The Adversary

Ofermod - Pentagrammaton (Norma Evangelium Diaboli) - Summer (?)
Carpathian Forest - Fuck You All (Season Of Mist)
Hatepulse - Core Of The Soulless (Sublife Productions)

Ofermod claims they're "Orthodox death metal", CF and Hatepulse are black metal.

Edit: Some more:

Blut Aus Nord - MoRT (Candlelight, black metal)
Gorgoroth - Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam (Regain, black metal)
Summoning - Oath Bound (Napalm, epic BM)

Nice, nice V.V.V.V.V .... very helpful! Where you been dude? Missed your recs...

Well here's three releases you forgot:

Lengsel - Hell Calls Hell (black; Whirlwind Records)
Lengsel - TBA (black; Endtime Productions) <== this one's a demo on vinyl
Negativa - TBA (death/avant-garde; GWN) <== demo

edit- one more

Gorguts - Live In Rotterdam (death; GWN) <== LIVE '93 CD Rotterdam concert

WNxScythe said:
Nice, nice V.V.V.V.V .... very helpful!

Lost my password in October timeframe somewhere...recently just figured I'd talk to Deron about it...glad to be back.

I'll get to adding these in a bit...if you add 3+ you get added to the Thanks list, so I need to update that too...

Also, it'd be helpful if you gave the genre and label (at least the genre) so they will get on the site faster. Otherwise I have to check M-A, which is consistently down...

This'd be a nice sticky to have...it's generally up-to-date with new stuff and knows when things leak...

And no, DVDs are fine, I have a few on there, nobody is really giving me them though...

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Lost my password in October timeframe somewhere...recently just figured I'd talk to Deron about it...glad to be back.

I'll get to adding these in a bit...if you add 3+ you get added to the Thanks list, so I need to update that too...

Also, it'd be helpful if you gave the genre and label (at least the genre) so they will get on the site faster. Otherwise I have to check M-A, which is consistently down...

This'd be a nice sticky to have...it's generally up-to-date with new stuff and knows when things leak...

And no, DVDs are fine, I have a few on there, nobody is really giving me them though...

OK cool... nice to have you back :kickass:

Since you're taking DVDs too:

Gorguts - Live At The Whiskey (death/avant-garde; GWN) <== Live DVD of concert at the "Whiskey A Gogo" in Los Angeles, while the band was on tour for "Obscura"