2006 Metal Database

Hamock said:
sinister - afterburner (leaked) [death metal] [nuclear blast]
morpheus descends [death metal] [xtreem music]
arghoslent [melodic death metal] [moribund records]
ares kingdom - firestorm redemption single (out) + return to dust lp (not out) [melodic death metal] [Nuclear War Now! Productions]
vulpecula - in dusk apparition [black metal]

dvd
autopsy - dark crusades [death metal] [peaceville]

Nope not title changes, just full additions. :)

That makes 5 though! I counted Phrozenspite's addition of MoRT as "his" addition since it came first in the thread...I did know about it beforehand, though...just didn't add it, heh.

Hamock/Ockham, I added yours. Doing that one now.

I bet the new Sinister album is going to suck. Is there even any original members on it or some new guy that joined the band ten years later reforming it for who knows why.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Not taking demos/singles though, only EPs and full-lengths...
What exactly *is* the difference between a demo and an EP? Always wondered...

Demos are usually sent to labels to secure record deals. EPs are shorter albums (compared to full-lengths/LPs) and are usually released as "teasers" between albums.

Henrik Main said:
Edit: Another addition: Ibex Throne - Total Inversion (black; Goatawarex)

Just a correction, but it's Goatowarex.

Also, I'm not sure about their status, and if they'll ever release anything again.

Please reconsider not including demos. Even if they're in their own section... it would be mighty handy to have.

Oh, and Niroth - TBA (Black Metal) (Bad Head Records)

aye good definition, in rare instances such as Deathspell Omega or Reverend Bizarre some artists consider their works to be a continuation of a main story or theme and will make an EP(Kenose, or Harbinger of Metal respectively) to release material that isn't considered to be connected to the full lengths

Nope, no demos unless they are by established artists, and even then, only some exceptions...the site was designed to basically be a 2006-only version of M-A where you didn't have to go through all the unsigned crap and "independent" releases by generic BM bands just to find a few good CDs to d/l...I mean obviously it's gotten a bit crazier, but I'm not letting it get THAT out of hand...

Hopefully you understand. It's already hard enough as it is gettign everything in the site and keeping up to date on leaks and what have you.

Aren't Negativa considered "established artists" though?(all four members are veterans of the quebec DM scene, ESPECIALLY Luc and Steeve) Not trying to bug you though or anything... my point is merely that they'll probably be huge in a few years.

Yeah he is...wtf?

Ihsahn - The Adversary (black/avant-garde)

Also UP WITH THE STICKY. THE VOICE OF METAL NEEDS TO BE HEARD AND SUCH!