2008 releases you own so far

Yea, they were always something I wanted to check out but have never tracked down any of their albums or wanted to downloaded them. I will get to that very soon though.

That was the stupidest post in your history, WAIF

Impressive...that's quite a feat.

The problem is perspective. Yes, the music is awesome, but in the end it's grown men making throat noises and calling themselves Cannibal Corpse. Don't take it too seriously.

I didn't like the new Bloodbath song I heard off their site (I forget the name). Is the actual album any good?

None yet, but the new Arghoslent should be arriving shortly, and I will be ordering the new Dead Congregation and Necrovation very soon. Death metal is not dead.

I honestly know nothing about modern death metal aside from Arghoslent. You might need to help me out.

Cumbeast is a hilarious name if you're 10 years old I guess.

In the sense that it would be funny to a ten year old and should strike any reasoning adult as straight-up retarded, yes.

That said, a name wouldn't stop me from buying an album as long as the music was good (I like Anaal Nathrakh for chrissakes)... but the music also wouldn't make the name any less goofy.

As you pointed out they clearly don't intend to be taken too seriously if they adopt such a moniker

Bands that have joke names are fucking retarded. It might not make the music worse, but when a band doesn't take itself seriously, then why the fuck are they creating music?! It's pathetic really...

But to go on topic... no band I like has yet to release an album this year. I'm just waiting anxiously till summer when both Pyramaze and Evergrey (2 of my 3 favorite bands) will release their new albums!

:lol:
This is the part where you say "Just kidding, no one would ever create something that ridiculous."
Please?
Get a brain moran.

The music is a little ridiculous but it's good. It's not laugh out loud funny, but it's not taking things seriously either. It's just fun, stupid and gross. Plus both of those albums are great. If you didn't want a little ridiculousness you wouldn't listen to metal.